Difficulty: Moderate
Time: 30min – 45 min if you take your time

Tools required:
  • Plastic interior disassembly kit or a pastry fork
  • Wrench (Adjustable is fine)
  • Car jack
  • Wheel brace
Intro:
Way way back in 2019 I bought the areo-package for the A35 from Ebay with the intention of installing it on my A250. However I forgot about it for almost a year and it has been collecting dust in my garage… Now with the current quarantine I had enough time to actually start mounting some parts of the aero-package. And making a proper write-up on how to do it. Sorry in advance for the short write-up its a very simple progress and I didn't knew what to write.

Write up:
Now to the fun part. If you have skipped the badly written intro then you didn’t miss anything important. I sometimes like writing irrelevant stuff. But unlike my previous write-up this time I didn’t forget to take some detailed pictures. Now before you go and turn dirty and black (dirt and tire stuff) I recommend that you wear some gloves or just wash your rims and area where your tire hangs. If you’re done that you’re ready to start with either side of the car (Left of Right). In this write-up I’ll use the right-side but this also works for either side.

Note: It’s possible that there is a different way of doing this, but I didn’t want to remove the front-bumper.

Removing the wheel
Start with placing your car jack under the car, make sure you place the jack under the pads. If you don’t place it under the pad it’s possible to damage your frame/side skirt etc. Now that you have jacked up the car and removed the wheel by unscrewing the 5 lug nuts.

Cover plate
The easiest thing to start with are the 3 small nuts located at the bottom. After you have removed them you also need to remove 2 plastic screws located to the outer side. Now that you have removed all the 5 screws its possible to fold back the cover plate and wedge it behind the brake caliber.

Attaching the AMG-flaps
After you have folded the cover plate back it will reveal the inside of the bumper. Here you need to unclip the plate with the 2 “wings”. This allows you to see the holes where the AMG-flaps can be clipped in. You need to insert the flap from the inside of the bumper into the holes. And use some force to make sure the clips actually click tight into the bumper. If you don’t hear a click its possible that any force might unclip the flap resulting in it becoming loose.

Result
After you have attached the 2 AMG-flaps the end result will be similar to this. Now you only need to do the whole process on the other side and you’re done.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was an idiot and did not take this route, I attached them from outside and they clicked, but it was not original ones and they started rusting... and when i started removing them i scratched the plastics.. now its full of black dots in the corner, just hope its fixable with polishing or something.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was an idiot and did not take this route, I attached them from outside and they clicked, but it was not original ones and they started rusting... and when i started removing them i scratched the plastics.. now its full of black dots in the corner, just hope its fixable with polishing or something.
I fitted my aftermarket ones from the front as well nearly 2 months ago, and I haven't noticed any rust issue's on my car, and it's white. I think it's unlikely that the front fitment method would cause them to rust more or less than going from the wheel arch imo.

I doubt the 'Mercedes' clips are any less prone to rust than aftermarket ones. Probably both made in the far east.

I would recommend using a good fallout remover and it should lift any iron particles from the paintwork and then shampoo as normal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts