Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a better solution to carrying my bikes. I’m now looking at roof bars since there’s no sign of the Mercedes’ towbar being available in the UK.
I want roof bars that can be easily fitted and removed. It looks to me like the Mercedes ones meet that requirement and the Thule ones much less so. Agree?
I’m assuming I can use the Thule bike carriers with the Mercedes roof bars?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, in the present climate I cant go to Halfords for an answer to this question so can anyone help. I am looking to buy thule roof bars for my 68 plate a-class. All the web sites appear to use Thule fixing kit 3173 and it seems this is a screw fixing to the car. I have looked at the car fixed points and there is no screw fixings that I can see. Can anyone who has fitted roof bars please help before I buy the wrong part.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, in the present climate I cant go to Halfords for an answer to this question so can anyone help. I am looking to buy thule roof bars for my 68 plate a-class. All the web sites appear to use Thule fixing kit 3173 and it seems this is a screw fixing to the car. I have looked at the car fixed points and there is no screw fixings that I can see. Can anyone who has fitted roof bars please help before I buy the wrong part.

once you lift the plastic cover the screw from the 3173 kit attaches to the car as below.

·
Registered
Mercedes A220 4matic AMG Line Executive W177 / 2019
57 Posts
Hi all

Can anyone help me find some roof bars for my aclass that aren't £250? I am looking for ones like in the photo I have provided.

Thanks

View attachment 6573

I had the same problem
I left almost a new roofrack from the previous Mercedes C
The dimensions matched my new A class 220 W177 2019 but the hitch was different.
In A class, the mount is not screwed on, but snaps in a second.
This is a great convenience compared to screwing.
Each fastening (4 pieces) is lockable.
The mounting casing is closed with a key and fits the shape of the roof.
This prevents debris from falling into the fastening channel
as well as has a visual aspect.
There is a Mercedes logo on the side of the mounts cover.
Unfortunately, I did not find one and decided to buy it in the Mercedes store.
I know I have overpaid but I am happy to look at the roof of my A class now.
If I decided to pay 30,000 for a car it is several dozen pounds more for a roofrack does not make a difference .

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anybody got themselves a roof rack yet?

Quite limited info on the forum and suppliers (some dont even recognise the saloon let alone the hybrid) especially on the A250e. Will hatchback racks fit on a saloon? Was this the case with the W176?

Any recommendations or info appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
441 Posts
Being a hybrid won't make any difference for roof bars. MB site lists different part numbers for hatch and saloon though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys. New to the forums.
I am exchanging my 2017 A200D hatchback on Wednesday for a new saloon premium plus.
I have the Thule roof rack currently but the adaptor doesn’t fit the new one and Thule don’t seem to have one that I can find. Can anyone recommend a workaround? And will they cause any issues with the panoramic roof?
Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Roofbox.co.uk only recognises 2019 model not 2020 and 2021 but it suggests Yakima S25 U with K748 fixing kits total around £195 for through bars type. On roof box, what is the max permissible weight allowance for A250 e Saloon? I have Thule Motion XT M 400L 1.75m long max loading 75kg in mind.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Roofbox.co.uk only recognises 2019 model not 2020 and 2021 but it suggests Yakima S25 U with K748 fixing kits total around £195 for through bars type. On roof box, what is the max permissible weight allowance for A250 e Saloon? I have Thule Motion XT M 400L 1.75m long max loading 75kg in mind.
......S25 Y.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
This one is compatible with 2020-2021 a250e saloon. Roofbox.co.uk has it in stock for £195. If you ask Thule they should recommend the fitting adaptor to suit your current Thule crossbars. Email them is better than chatting with ‘robot’.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Did you ever end up getting the 3173 fixing kit?

Thule's own website only gives info for the hatchback, so unsure which to try for the saloon.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts