Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,940 Posts
Great looking numbers for the new engine set up.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Don’t think you will see this set up on the FL 45S. They have to keep an arm distance from the C63S 4matic EQV+ (What a mouthful) Maybe on the next W179 & by then the C63S will have something new in its sleeve. Batt tech is changing for the better everyday. This is only the beginning. A mild hybrid is a distinct possibility for the FL.

·
Super Moderator
3,940 Posts
One of my previous comments on the hybrid for the A45s FL was how will they configure it if the hybrid actually uses an additional engine. I am guessing the electric engine would go in the front of the A45s with the battery pack in the back, as a longitudinal set up with the electric engine in the back together with the batteries must require a massive amount of re-engineering. In addition unless MB can use some of the new architecture to substitute for the added bracing the A45s, the weight of the FL version will rocket.

·
Super Moderator
3,940 Posts
643 Bhp on tap 543 all the time, things a weapon 💪

Good post.

I think we might just get the 443 bhp electric turbo only in the FL version of the A45s as the rest of the hybrid drivetrain seems too difficult to engineer in to the existing A45s.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think so too & a step forward in the right direction. W178 will most probably get a milder version of the C 63S e-performance.

·
Super Moderator
3,940 Posts
Interesting. 89 kgs more for the batteries in the C-Class but what about the electric motor.

The V8 versions sound as though they're from a different world. Sub 3.0 sec in an estate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts