Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi AllOrdered my A200 AMG Sport in cirrus white beginning of November 2012. I've been given a delivery date of 22nd April and it is killing me to wait for soooo long! I think I have looked at every picture and read every review I can find.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
that seems like a long wait, I ordered my a250 on the 4th of November and should get it before the end of the month.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Placed my order very early Jan and have to wait till May im told, so yours does seem a little long.Have read all the reviews/pics/you tube clips etc too lol. Waiting is all part of the fun .... (well thats what i keep telling myself to make me feel better)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently my garage is telling everyone 5 months to manage expectations. Hopefully it will come a few weeks earlier.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hi, did you have a test drive with an automatic gear box? The only one I could try was a left hand drive. I have never driven an automatic before so I couldn't judge the drive very well. I managed very well and in fact, I liked it so much I went for the Engineered Model. I fell in love with the design!

Did you think the ride was very firm, as many reviews have said, because I thought the drives were very comfortable?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Lynne
When I ordered mine I was about to order a B Class and was in the showroomready to orderwhen I saw a left hand drive automatic AMG Sport in the corner. I couldn't have a test drive then but, as you say, 'I fell in love with it' and ordered mine without a test drive. I am going for a manual and have not driven an A Class at all! I have had, and enjoyed, an A3 and an M Sport BMW which was so firm you could feel it if you ran over a matchstick so I am expecting firm but that's why you buy a sporty A Class and not a floaty limosine type. If you watch the Top Gear vid they say the ride is commfortable so I suppose it's just a matter of what you expect. One thing for sure I will not be dissappointed when I eventually take delivery!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered my A180 CDI White - No Extras whatsoever - and the expected delivery date is 15th July!!! I hope it comes earlier than this!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Some of these wait times are horrendous - I hope the dealers are playing extra safe and your cars come quicker. Can't believe how lucky I must have been - ordered 4th Jan - shed loads of personalising via options and it is due 14th March.

Ref the hard ride, after reading test drives on the internet I expected a bone shaking experience but found the AMG Sport model I test drove to be perfectly OK for a car with a 'sport' set up.Edited by: mon2s

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree that there seems to be quite a difference in wait times! Its good to here that you found the ride okay. Hope you get yours on time. What extras have you ordered? I added map pilot, reversing camera, lumbar support, black 18" AMG wheels and privacy glass.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is painful!!! What a wait!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I picked up my A200 CDI AMG Sport last Saturday, and I don't find the ride hard at all, its really lovely to drive - in fact it's a less hard ride than my previous CLC Sport.

Jan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered a180 Cdi amg sport in mid November. Expecting delivery in march. No exact date as is a personal lease so no news from dealer.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hi, I have also ordered the Cirrus White, there will be a lot of them about! I think the black/white contrast with touches of red looks really great! I have added quite a few options, reverse mirror, pan roof,AMG Exclusive package, parking, although I will be afraid to trust it to park itself, memory package, Comand etc. It is a feast of a car. I have driven the AMG Sport with a manual gear box, it was lovely!

It is really great to make contact with like minded people!

Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Lynne said:
Hi, I have also ordered the Cirrus White, there will be a lot of them about! I think the black/white contrast with touches of red looks really great! I have added quite a few options, reverse mirror, pan roof,AMG Exclusive package, parking, although I will be afraid to trust it to park itself, memory package, Comand etc. It is a feast of a car. I have driven the AMG Sport with a manual gear box, it was lovely!

It is really great to make contact with like minded people!

Thanks for your reply!
Nice spec!! I had to resist command and memory pack when my options topped £5k all to easily!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi

You've both got some nice specs there! You're right that there'll be loads out there but it's about time there were some nice cars to look at! The way I see it is that you can see the inside when you're driving and you will also see what the outside looks like when you're on the road. I can see that there'll be a lot of A Class drivers with a permanent smile on there face! Me included!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Strange reading all these delivery dates!!
I ordered my wifes A180 AMG Sport Auto at the end of December and the dealer has just advised me that they are expecting the car on 20 Feb for the originally advised March 1st delivery. Suppose shouldn't bank on it till keys are in our hands!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ordered an A200 Sport 156 Petrol with Manual gearbox in blue on 22 November.

It's a company car so I was immediately told it would be 107 days, meaning a "Contractual Delivery Date" of 10 March. Checked with the team a few weeks ago - I was told it was "on track"...

Hope that's helpful for anyone who placed an similar order around the same time.

and yes the wait is killing me too, my current car is a knackered Mk3 Golf!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi DanHave you had an update on your delivery date yet? It should be soon I believe.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Shielings5 said:
I picked up my A200 CDI AMG Sport last Saturday, and I don't find the ride hard at all, its really lovely to drive - in fact it's a less hard ride than my previous CLC Sport.

Jan

Hi Jan what colour did you get? Have you any pictures to feed us mere mortals who are desperate to catch any glimpse we can! I found myself rewinding the TV ad last night. Is that sad or what!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ordered a a200 amg petrol in early december and im expected delivery on March 11. Got quite a few extras and cannot wait to have it. Im surprised at how long some of the waiting times are.

Ordered : A200 amg sport automatic, silver, 18" 5 twin spoke alloys, full leather interior with red piping on dash, luxury climate control, panoramic roof, memory pack (electric seats), Night package.

Stuck with the audio 20 as i want the drive kit plus. But im not sure if it works with the iPhone 5 if you get a 30 pin to lighting bolt adapter. Anyone know if it does work with an adapter?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts