Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve started to have the problem with water leaking into the rear passenger footwell! Phoned my dealer who said that due to the age of the car which is 2013 and because it hasn’t been serviced by MB for last 3 years highly unlikely that MB will pay for repair. Phoned MB customer service and they said it would need to be diagnosed properly but again highly unlikely they will support financially with the repair. MB said it would be around £800 to resolve due to having to stop car down and dry out! Very annoyed as it’s a known fault but not prepared to rectify.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Welcome to the forum Angela, I'm afraid to say but you have found the Achilles Heel of the W176, the leaking air vents behind the rear bumper. Can I suggest that either search 'water in boot' or take a look here Water in rear passenger footwell.

The replacement parts are cheap approx. £25 for the pair, fitting requires the removal of the rear bumper & the drying out of the carpets is a real PIA. The job can be tackled by a competent bodyshop or MB indie garage.
I paid my MB independent garage £300 for the works to be resolved which is about average.

If you live in or around Plymouth then visit Mercare & speak with Jamie

David

·
Registered
322 Posts
I should have said that your MB dealer is trying to rip you off with the diagnostic charge, they know the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum Angela, I'm afraid to say but you have found the Achilles Heel of the W176, the leaking air vents behind the rear bumper. Can I suggest that either search 'water in boot' or take a look here Water in rear passenger footwell.

The replacement parts are cheap approx. £25 for the pair, fitting requires the removal of the rear bumper & the drying out of the carpets is a real PIA. The job can be tackled by a competent bodyshop or MB indie garage.
I paid my MB independent garage £300 for the works to be resolved which is about average.

If you live in or around Plymouth then visit Mercare & speak with Jamie

David
Thanks David that’s really helpful. Taking it to my local independent garage on Saturday. I live In Worcestershire and I have shared some of the comments on this forum to give him a head start on the problem

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thanks David that’s really helpful. Taking it to my local independent garage on Saturday. I live In Worcestershire and I have shared some of the comments on this forum to give him a head start on the problem

Here is a photo of the rear air vent that is most likely to be the cause of the problem, it needs to be removed & then replaced using Tiger Seal as a belt & braces job. The most difficult part is getting the carpets & underfelt dry

·
Super Moderator
3,186 Posts
This topic has been covered extensively in this forum, please refer to, and/or add to, these previous threads :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I've a gla, and rear driver seat is full of water I thought it was little one emptying his water on the floor but turns out it is the ac plug does anybody know how to get to this without destroying the carpets

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.