Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

321 - 340 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thankyou so much, I may take u up on that offer. I must admit I’m not holding out much hope. Glad yours sounds like it’s sorted too. I’m going to see what they say and then take it from there x
Hey Christabelle156
How's it going, have you had much job from MB? x

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a bit late to this problem, but most grateful to all on the forum, particularly those who have posted pictures of how to fix the leaks- I too have an 2013 A class- noticed recently rear footwell filling up with water, Vaxed out, as thought left window open, given such bad weather recently, but water returned. Given age of car, didn't bother with Mercedes, took to my local garage, with pictures and descriptions from the forum in hand- they fixed, 2hrs work, £70, so job done. Many thanks to all, as otherwise would not have had a clue as to the source of the problem. Good luck to others in their fight with Mercedes, as ridiculous that a quality car should have such a potentially damaging design flaw, which they seem to deny!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Tats, they have come back with a no, which I expected to be fair. My father in law has offered to tinker with it if I get the parts, so just going to go down that route I reckon. Thanks for all your support and advice x

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have been reading the forum and the posts about a leak in the rear footwell. My 13 plate a class is currently with MB Taunton and they have told me I have the same problem and it is coming through the boot (I assume the vents as others have previously stated). They initially told me that they would set up a case so that MB would pay 50% of the total however, I have just had a phone call to be told that MB have refused so they are setting up an appeal and the total cost is £1200. However, if the appeal is rejected I would have to pay the full £1200 which I feel is totally unnecessary. After reading previous posts I see others have argued this total with the dealer and had it fixed under good will as it is a fault with the car.

As I have been refused, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to do next or who could I go to?
Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, I have been reading the forum and the posts about a leak in the rear footwell. My 13 plate a class is currently with MB Taunton and they have told me I have the same problem and it is coming through the boot (I assume the vents as others have previously stated). They initially told me that they would set up a case so that MB would pay 50% of the total however, I have just had a phone call to be told that MB have refused so they are setting up an appeal and the total cost is £1200. However, if the appeal is rejected I would have to pay the full £1200 which I feel is totally unnecessary. After reading previous posts I see others have argued this total with the dealer and had it fixed under good will as it is a fault with the car.

As I have been refused, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to do next or who could I go to?
Thanks
You’re definitely in the right place for some sound advice. I’ve given the ombudsman a whirl, if no success, going to buy the parts and my father in law is going to fix for me. Good luck x

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 13 plate is in Mercedes whitefield with the water in the rear passenger foot well problem this morning will keep you all posted as to outcome

·
Registered
2 Posts
You’re definitely in the right place for some sound advice. I’ve given the ombudsman a whirl, if no success, going to buy the parts and my father in law is going to fix for me. Good luck x
Thank you so much for your advice, I have spoken to MB who are still awaiting a response from the claim but I have told them I will not be paying for it and I shall take it further if I need to! They told me they are on my side and are fighting my corner to try and get this paid for. They also told me that I am the third car in the dealer with the same problem, just seems so mad that this is a problem in so many cars! I will keep the forum posted on how I get on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you so much for your advice, I have spoken to MB who are still awaiting a response from the claim but I have told them I will not be paying for it and I shall take it further if I need to! They told me they are on my side and are fighting my corner to try and get this paid for. They also told me that I am the third car in the dealer with the same problem, just seems so mad that this is a problem in so many cars! I will keep the forum posted on how I get on.
Good luck Katie, its interesting how all the dealers are so different depending on where you go. Although I think this does help us all in our cases as they should be consistent and wanting to support their customers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 13 plate is in Mercedes whitefield with the water in the rear passenger foot well problem this morning will keep you all posted as to outcome
A resounding no from Mercedes whitefield they will not do my repair of the rear vents because I didn't buy from them and I don't have my car serviced by them and it's out of warranty if I want it done by them it will cost £1700 is there any use in writing to mercedes h.o. or am I just wasting my time any help appreciated

·
Registered
12 Posts
A resounding no from Mercedes whitefield they will not do my repair of the rear vents because I didn't buy from them and I don't have my car serviced by them and it's out of warranty if I want it done by them it will cost £1700 is there any use in writing to mercedes h.o. or am I just wasting my time any help appreciated
Martin, I escalated to MB HO, and again was told no - I have referred to the ombudsman the other day so I'll keep you all posted. Otherwise do consider following the repair instructions given by the helpful folk on this forum, as it is very concise and around 1/100th of the cost! :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi guys,
I was wondering if there's anyone around NOT having the water in footwell issue.
I have a 63 plate A180 cdi with a dry footwell - maybe I am not searching in the right place?
Andrei

·
Registered
393 Posts
Dre, you have a rare car there (or has it been rectified by previous owners ???.
It was the vent sealer drying out, going hard & cracking so difficult to see why your car is different.
If it was me I’d get MB to check records & if it hasn’t been repaired I would get it done ASAP. So then you won’t suffer carpet damage. You could get it done for app £100

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah, we’re on the same page :)
I was just thinking on how to check if the water is there - on first check I can see only a dry carpet - maybe I should check under the carpet for any water?
Thanks.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Should be fairly easy. Just lift the plastic door sill that secures the carpet.
You’ll soon know if it’s leaking as most people found it “swimming” in water.
As I said, avoid MB dealers. The £100 + per hour is not worth it for non mechanical work.
Any reasonable body shop can remove/refit the bumper. (Just remind them 1 bolt under each rear wheel arch) then clips all around bumper lip.
You could always supply the parts to them (details/part numbers previous photos tiger seal from b&q) they should be able to remove & refit bumper in less that 1 hour. Allow 30 mins to take out old vents, clean up, apply tiger seal, fit vents...job done. No £6/700 that mb would want
🤞🤞

·
Registered
7 Posts
Omg that is shocking, how can they justify that amount and clearly they are making up prices. Ben from parts got me 75percent discount without any issues, that was like £300 payable by me after discount (carpets and air vents) (obviously I didn't take them up on the offer)
I personally feel you won't get any joy out of the complaints department (hope you do though), they are just there to rob you blind and don't give a ****. This should have been a recall, it's a well known error too. I cannot understand how they can justify making their customers pay for this!!

If you want the job doing for 40 pounds in Derby, let me know and I'll give you the contact details.
I spent :
: £14 air vents
: £40 body repair shop
:£11 Tiger seal from halfords
I tipped the repair guy £10 too cos I was so chuffed with the price.

My carpet is almost dry, in a matter of a week of running the heater in my car whilst driving to work and back.

Hope all goes well for you, keep us all posted.
Can they recommend someone in Sussex? 😬

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yes, spot on again particularly saying MB are not interested now. Remember, this problem occurred on the early builds & around late 14 plates the problem was rectified so any new complaint is going to be on a car circa 5 yrs old & they won’t want to know. Yes, definitely should have been a recall. Very short sighted by the boffins at MB

·
Registered
393 Posts
Go back to the guy that told you that & say “don’t be an effin Pratt. Recalls are not just for safety related problems.”
I simply dispare at some of these people put in these positions that know absolutely nothing about vehicles

321 - 340 of 360 Posts