Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

341 - 360 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Go back to the guy that told you that & say “don’t be an effin Pratt. Recalls are not just for safety related problems.”
I simply dispare at some of these people put in these positions that know absolutely nothing about vehicles
I really can’t be bothered. Getting an independent garage to do the work. Really useful information on here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having this problem too can I ask if they fixed this for you free of charge

My 13 plate owned from new , serviced by Mercedes has the same rear passenger driver side footwell filling with water issue. Having dried it out with an AC unit , I waited for rain and the water appeared then, despite the car not having moved. its only the horizontal surface of the carpet as the vertical bits on the inner sill and seat support stay dry, the driver side underseat vent is dry as well, no sign of door seal leak . The car is in for service today and I am informed it is a drain from the rear somewhere and everything needs to come out. If Mercedes know about this issue, shouldn't they have done something about it .? I bought my car new from them , they have serviced it and it has done about 20k miles.
too

·
Registered
395 Posts
Lodge. This problem has by far the most contributions of any topic on the forum. You need to read up as much as you can otherwise this could cost you £100’s. MB (& the dealer will tell you it’s now a retail repair (no support from MB) they did support some customers app 3 yrs ago but in the last yr all support seems to have dried up. This repair can be carried out by a body shop & should cost no more the £150 tops Hinckley parts at £20. MB will want £120-150 for diagnosing the fault even though they know what it is, which is the equalising vents leaking behind the rear bumper

·
Registered
395 Posts
Lodge. There are 345 posts spread over 18 pages on this topic (as well as some that were running parallel on ‘General chat’). You must read them & yes, it does go back to 2013 but you will need to be fully informed on this topic otherwise, as I said it will cost you possibly £1000+ because the dealer is likely to say you need to replace the rear carpet section. Some went via the Ombudsman some via trading standards with mixed results.
Recently one lady got the job done for well under £100

·
Registered
4 Posts
Omg that is shocking, how can they justify that amount and clearly they are making up prices. Ben from parts got me 75percent discount without any issues, that was like £300 payable by me after discount (carpets and air vents) (obviously I didn't take them up on the offer)
I personally feel you won't get any joy out of the complaints department (hope you do though), they are just there to rob you blind and don't give a ****. This should have been a recall, it's a well known error too. I cannot understand how they can justify making their customers pay for this!!

If you want the job doing for 40 pounds in Derby, let me know and I'll give you the contact details.
I spent :
: £14 air vents
: £40 body repair shop
:£11 Tiger seal from halfords
I tipped the repair guy £10 too cos I was so chuffed with the price.

My carpet is almost dry, in a matter of a week of running the heater in my car whilst driving to work and back.

Hope all goes well for you, keep us all posted.
Tats
do you have the part number for the vents and were purchased from
Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
I’ve only recently come across this issue with my 2013 A class. The is water in the same area in the rear passenger footwell and under the boot area. Mould has started to develop under the boot area which you can’t see and on the carpet in the footwell. I initially thought I left the bloody window open lol.

Well anyway I’ve taken the car to MB Basingstoke and I asked them why this wasn’t picked up back then during some of the recalls I had previously and when the car was being serviced if it was a know issue. Today they confirmed the issue and have quoted me £1000 to complete the work. All my carpets and boot liners have to be replaced etc.

I have refused to pay that. I’ve stated it’s know to them and car has been new from the dealer and so forth. The dealer has said they will get this sorted for me and will work something out so I am now holding out for a positive on this one

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m a newbie to this forum. And have read this thread with interest. My 2014 A200 has this problem. Near side passenger rear footwell getting wet.
It came to light after my inside windshield was getting very damp. Initially I thought it was just general wet feet in and out of the car building up. just by chance it was a stray newspaper that drew my attention to the source. But I couldn’t figure out why only the one footwell was getting wet.
Ive had other issues with the car inc lacquer peeling on roof spoiler. No it’s not Fire Opal Red the colour with the on going problem, it’s Jupiter Red. MB have been less than helpfull giving many excuses.

·
Registered
7 Posts
An independent garage replaced the vents behind the bumper for £140. I borrowed a Vax machine to dry the carpet out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you're game, it's a pretty easy DIY job to replace the vents. £7 each from MB, and a tube of Tiger seal and the job is done for about £20.
I pulled all the seats out and took the entire carpet out to get it dry. There was a LOT of water soaked in to it. If you can manage to get the carpet dry in situ, all the better.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Th car is currently with my MB dealer Basinbgstoke.They are waiting on a back order from germany for new replacements and are replacing all interior carpets front and rear and the boot area free of charge. I have only the labour to pay.:confused: I would have attempted this myself but i dont have the facilities to hang and dry carpets nevermind stripping the interior in the open.

·
Registered
2 Posts
3 weeks ago I found the rear passenger footwell soaked, enough to keep goldfish in, I vaxed the water up and put a de-humidifier in for the weekend, between the vaccum and the de-humidifier we must have got about 5 or 6 litres of water out. At the time I assumed it was one of the kids leaving the window open.

Alas it happened again over the weekend so I googled and found this thread.

The stealer told me I had to pay a diagnostics fee, I told him to do one and have called MB MK and they have opened a case and said they will ask the dealer to do the inspection for free. Not sure what my chances are on getting this resolved for free like some others did a while ago, but if it doesn't this will be the last MB I ever own, or any other car from this dealer.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Totally understand your feelings. I’m about to change my car, will defo NEVER buy another Merc & I got my repair done foc but they way they have treated other owners, absolutely disgraceful.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had this issue on my car, it filled up dramatically with water one day on the passenger side rear footwell during some driving in rain. I tried drying it out but it still left a bad smell in the car and the next day filled up again. I was worried.

I went to Mercedes and called a few dealerships. One of the dealers said they would take it up with head office. Never heard from him again. Strangely the issue disappeared after a few weeks and it never happened again even when driving through heavier rain.

I have traded the car in now but it was a strange situation. I looked it up and as others have detailed seemed to be an issue with one of the vents.

341 - 360 of 360 Posts