Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

361 - 369 of 369 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys, only just getting round to ordering parts to fix mine myself. What is the specific parts called please? I rang Mercedes and said rear vent but it didn’t sound like what I was after. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys, only just getting round to ordering parts to fix mine myself. What is the specific parts called please? I rang Mercedes and said rear vent but it didn’t sound like what I was after. Thanks in advance
It's on the previous page. image copied below.

An update, I bought my car in 2015 (it's a 2013) from local Merc dealer, and had it serviced ever since with them, it's due in on Thursday for it's next service and they are doing the inspection for free at the same time.

They have told me not to continue to dry the car out myself before the service/inspection and they will be pushing Merc to fix the car at their cost. Will update you when I know more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, just made an account to say thankyou and to share my experience. I have a 2013 A-Class and this water problem started a couple of weeks ago. I initially thought i'd spilt a bottle of water and put a towel down to soak up the last bits of humidity. It was rear driver side for me as it's a left hand drive. I went to take the towel out yesterday and it was really quite wet. Windows properly closed. No sign of water on the vertical carpet areas. Seals of the door intact. So i began to search what it could be and google led me here. Thank heavens! I ordered the vents from Mercedes this morning (19,03 euros) and my car is booked into a local garage to have them fitted on Wednesday. Not even going to try with Mercedes as my car is too old. I am disgusted that Mercedes doesn't accept liability beyond warranty and didn't recall. My dealership once used my warranty to get another customers' car fixed. I don't trust them at all but that's another story! So just to let you know that this can happen anytime as it's taken my vents 7 years to start leaking! I keep my car interior regularly vacuumed so would have noticed if there was water before. Thanks to everyone on this thread.:)(y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi does anyone know why the rear passenger side footwell would be full of water, the door seals are good, the carpet at the side of the footwell going over the inner cills is bone dry and there doesn't appear to be any missing grommets under the car on that side. I wonered if the rear screen washer feed pipe had a leak but the washer reservior bottle is not emptying out.
It seems to be a bit of a job to remove the carpet on the A CLASS.

Any suggestions please.

Roy in Essex
Hi, just made an account to say thankyou and to share my experience. I have a 2013 A-Class and this water problem started a couple of weeks ago. I initially thought i'd spilt a bottle of water and put a towel down to soak up the last bits of humidity. It was rear driver side for me as it's a left hand drive. I went to take the towel out yesterday and it was really quite wet. Windows properly closed. No sign of water on the vertical carpet areas. Seals of the door intact. So i began to search what it could be and google led me here. Thank heavens! I ordered the vents from Mercedes this morning (19,03 euros) and my car is booked into a local garage to have them fitted on Wednesday. Not even going to try with Mercedes as my car is too old. I am disgusted that Mercedes doesn't accept liability beyond warranty and didn't recall. My dealership once used my warranty to get another customers' car fixed. I don't trust them at all but that's another story! So just to let you know that this can happen anytime as it's taken my vents 7 years to start leaking! I keep my car interior regularly vacuumed so would have noticed if there was water before. Thanks to everyone on this thread.:)(y)
For those who have been turned away by MB - My A180 2013/14 has the problem with water in the passenger footwall caused by poorly sealed vents behind the rear bumper. Vent part No. A1698300342 available from Amazon as is Tiger Seal, nylon trim tools and 10mm box spanner. Takes about 3hrs slow time. See

·
Registered
2 Posts
For those who have been turned away by MB - My A180 2013/14 has the problem with water in the passenger footwall caused by poorly sealed vents behind the rear bumper. Vent part No. A1698300342 available from Amazon as is Tiger Seal, nylon trim tools and 10mm box spanner. Takes about 3hrs slow time. See
Sorry correction see

·
Registered
5 Posts
So my car was due in on the 6th for a service and FREE inspection of the soaked rear passenger footwell.

I got a call the day before telling me that there are two recalls that they need to do to the car.

1. Software update on ECU
2. Air Conditioning System recall.

Obviously disappointed that still MB have not done a recall on the faulty vents.

Service was postponed as parts for recall not in and car was booked in for tomorrow, the 11th March, just had a call to say the recall parts are not here and therefore postpone again until the 18th.

As my dealer has told me explicitly NOT to dry out the rear of the car and it's absolutely chucking it down and forcast looks the same for the coming week, it's sort of playing into my hands of getting them to pay for the damage to the carpet.

Will update you when I finally get the car in and a response from them and MB HQ

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quick update. My local (not Mercedes!) garage put in the new vents today. I also brought along a tube of recommended mastic to be sure he didn't just clip and go! He charged €95,40 to do the job. So pretty cheap. Not worth fighting over the problem with Mercedes who are at fault but would never admit it! Thanks to all again. If I have any problems with more water I'll let you know! ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Car went in for service and Free inspection yesterday, as well as the 2 recalls (ECU update and Air Conditioning) they have the car for 3 days for the recalls and inspection so should hear back tomorrow what they find.

I wonder if they will try to tell me the leak is not from the vents ;)

361 - 369 of 369 Posts