Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

401 - 420 of 421 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Good idea to use industrial grade cleaner/vacuum. Removing carpets is a mammoth job having to remove seats.
Suggestion......
a few years back I had the 2 rear windows left open (by mistake) after a very hot summers day Followed by huge downpour during night.
I used a home type dehumidifier, left it in the car for several hours. Took the rear parcel shelf out & placed it in the boot. Run the lead via the window using an old towel to pack the gap.
Did the job, good result.
worth thinking about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi , I have a 14 plate A class amg sport and have noticed that the back left passenger footwell, the front passenger footwell and now a bit of the boot have become soaking recently after it rains. I rang the mercedes garage I bought the car from 2 years ago and they said because my car is under warranty now I will have to leave the car with them for a week, pay a diagnostics fee of £144 then they will contact me with an estimate price for it to be repaired!! What options do I have here ? Can I fight this or can I take it to my local garage to repair ? Thanks

·
Registered
429 Posts
Do we assume you mean “because your car is NOT under warranty”. Do not bother with the main dealer, the week with them is to dry the carpets out so why do they want to charge £144 to carry out a diagnostic investigation when they know what the fault is. On a 14 plate almost certainly MB with not contribute. Huge amount of information on this forum over at least last 5 yrs. MB parts will cost app £25 & a good garage (or even body shop) will effect the repair in app 3 hrs. Drying the carpets is biggest problem but do read up on all the threads about footwell leaks on the forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi , I have a 14 plate A class amg sport and have noticed that the back left passenger footwell, the front passenger footwell and now a bit of the boot have become soaking recently after it rains. I rang the mercedes garage I bought the car from 2 years ago and they said because my car is under warranty now I will have to leave the car with them for a week, pay a diagnostics fee of £144 then they will contact me with an estimate price for it to be repaired!! What options do I have here ? Can I fight this or can I take it to my local garage to repair ? Thanks
I have the exact same problem at the moment deffo not paying 144 I’m planing to complain or something I don’t know. if your based close by we could take both cara in together help us back our point. I’m not sure. Over 25,000 people have had a similar issue. Disappointing from Mercedes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the exact same problem at the moment deffo not paying 144 I’m planing to complain or something I don’t know. if your based close by we could take both cara in together help us back our point. I’m not sure. Over 25,000 people have had a similar issue. Disappointing from Mercedes.
I was going to complain to them and say they sold me a car knowing fine well there was a known fault but never informed me then im thinking do i just buy the parts and get my local garage to fix it to save the hassle. I live in Glasgow what about you ?

·
Super Moderator
3,851 Posts
Guys - being realistic for a moment - you are not going to get anything out of MBUK for a 7 year old car.

If you’ve just purchased it from an independent dealer, you may have some recourse for them to do the work.

Otherwise it’s less than £50 for the parts, but the PITA is removing or drying out the carpets in the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Guys - being realistic for a moment - you are not going to get anything out of MBUK for a 7 year old car.

If you’ve just purchased it from an independent dealer, you may have some recourse for them to do the work.

Otherwise it’s less than £50 for the parts, but the PITA is removing or drying out the carpets in the car.
I know that now after speaking to them is a local garage able to fit the parts do you reckon ?

·
Super Moderator
3,851 Posts
All the info is in these threads

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m picking my car up tomorrow as even if I said go ahead, id have to go back as they don’t have the parts. The 50% was MB contribution.
It’s pretty much followed the same pattern as every thread I’ve read regarding the issue. They asked if I had full service history, to which I asked if the bumper gets taken off during a service. Obviously it doesn’t and he agreed so because it doesn’t it’s irrelevant!
Hes given me the email for head office, so I’ve emailed them now, with screenshots from these and other forums, images of the car and I’ve basically just said I am not willing to pay even 50% for an issue I haven’t caused!
nothings been mentioned about the diagnostic fees since I messaged them on Twitter & Facebook about the car, So will see tomorrow if they are expecting me to pay this (I won’t be!)
Any luck my finance company wont help at all M B gonna charge £1200

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys, a massive Thankyou to all from this post and especially the videos from both the chap doing the repair for rear vents, and also the chap lightening his car by stripping out the rear. I managed to sort this myself and source the correct parts.

Caution to anyone doing the repair, it will be worse under the front carpet, so hanging the rear up to dry is not enough to dry out.

I only needed a couple extra tools that I didn't have already.

You need patience and time. But everything comes apart and goes back together nicely.

If I can I'll attach so pics to show. As initially it didn't seem much water had got in......but it was worse and luckily I caught it before it could effect and of the electrics both under the passenger seat and up front in the footwell.

A massive thanks to all. Cheers Kev

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys, a massive Thankyou to all from this post and especially the videos from both the chap doing the repair for rear vents, and also the chap lightening his car by stripping out the rear. I managed to sort this myself and source the correct parts.

Caution to anyone doing the repair, it will be worse under the front carpet, so hanging the rear up to dry is not enough to dry out.

I only needed a couple extra tools that I didn't have already.

You need patience and time. But everything comes apart and goes back together nicely.

If I can I'll attach so pics to show. As initially it didn't seem much water had got in......but it was worse and luckily I caught it before it could effect and of the electrics both under the passenger seat and up front in the footwell.

A massive thanks to all. Cheers Kev
Hi Kev,

I don’t suppose you have a link to the videos you mentioned do you?
I can’t seem to find them.

cheers,
Alex

·
Registered
5 Posts
This lead me to check in the back passenger area. And then the strip down began...
I pressed down on the carpet and you could hear the water squashing it of the foam underneath the carpet. This was the front passenger side to check put a small ruler or plastic trim tool in the gap between the seat mounting points and the carpet. You will see if it's damp underneath from that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem took the bumper off replaced the vents reassembled waited for it to rain and it filled up again, so this time got a hose and blasted the front of the car for ages and it filled up again so obviously wasn’t the rear vents, took off the windscreen wipers and removed the black plastic cowelling over the bulk head and both corners and the pollen filter housing were full of water all three drain holes were blocked with rotten debris so the water off the roof and windscreen was finding it’s easy route into the car and the back passenger side floor must be the lowest collection point. You’ve got like rubber funnels which pull out and you can give them a good clean out, put it all together and re-hosed the car NO LEAKS YEH finally so I’ve ordered a new polon filter and put a dehumidifier in the car to help dry it out.

401 - 420 of 421 Posts