Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have recently replaced the pump after noticing i was getting little pressure from it on the front. i had already read through various threads and tried everything before hand (cleaned nozzles, ran through with warm water etc) Ive ran the new pump without the nozzles connected (just from pipe) and the pressure is still really poor. I disconnected the pipe from the pump altogether and i really think i should be getting more pressure than i am. The back windscreen washer seems to be ok oddly. I tried swapping the hoses over and still had the issue on the front.
Other than buying a new nozzle assembly I'm really at a loose end here so any help will be appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
Not sure what you have done exactly, but when you fitted the new pump did you remove and clean the rubber grommet as this also incorporates a filter?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is this filter? i have read in various forums and threads about this filter or gauze but it always made out it was in the pump. I had the old pump out and messed around with it a few days ago before changing it today. as i mentioned also, the back nozzle appears to be ok and it is the same pump for both the front and back.

Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
When you install the pump you push it into a rubber plug / grommet fitted in the tank. The filter is on the end of this. You need to prize this out and clean it. Probably worthwhile flushing the tank at the same time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Davell thanks for the help,

It appears to have done the trick. I now have water coming from all three nozzles, i slightly broke the tubing to the first nozzle a while back when i was first checking it all but i can repair that no bother.

Quite frustrating considering the time i put in initially but hey!

·
Registered
427 Posts
This rubber grommet was a problem not isolated to the A class. Finally got MB to remove the pump, discard the rubber grommet & all ok from then on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Recently my front washers lost power , the pump still worked , so I took off the end stop on the off side of under bonnet , attached a tube and tyre inflater to blow air back down the tubing into the windscreen washer reservoir and also flushed out reservoir with running water with hose pipe pushed to the bottom of tank for 5 mins , it worked saved money, turns out there was gel blocking pipes due to strong mix of fluid , hope this helps anyone with same problem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts