Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a switch underneath my handbrake that I have no idea what it does. If I flick it on it lights up blue but I am none the wiser. Any help would be great. Thank you
Vehicle Automotive design Car Steering part Vehicle door

·
Registered
2019 A200d AMG Line Premium Auto
23 Posts
I assuming you've bought the car used? It looks like an aftermarket switch that the previous owner has had fitted to activate something on the car. It could be anything, for example roof lights if it was used in the highway maintenance industry. Definitely isn't a genuine switch that the car came with. Only way to find out is to chase the wiring behind it.

·
Registered
A200d Auto Premium Plus 2021 Denim Blue
25 Posts
I assuming you've bought the car used? It looks like an aftermarket switch that the previous owner has had fitted to activate something on the car. It could be anything, for example roof lights if it was used in the highway maintenance industry. Definitely isn't a genuine switch that the car came with. Only way to find out is to chase the wiring behind it.
Oh yeah sorry I can see it now, in that case absolutely no idea what it is. As you say didn’t come with the original car.

·
Registered
453 Posts
There's a switch in my CL203 like this & it switches the after market front parking sensors on & off. If left in the on position the darn Parking sensors bleep at road humps or if the front of the car dips downward. Hope this suggestions helps you, try driving with the switch in different poistions

·
Super Moderator
5,516 Posts
Hi, I have a switch underneath my handbrake that I have no idea what it does. If I flick it on it lights up blue but I am none the wiser. Any help would be great. Thank you View attachment 9664
Is there anything which looks aftermarket under the bonnet. I just wonder if its anything to do with a tune. As @gwynp asked what is your model.

·
Super Moderator
5,516 Posts
Have you resolved what the switch is for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts