Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking at the features on my car and came across B63 Engine Sound Via Speakers, what an earth is this!

·
Registered
233 Posts
it’s maybe the ‘sporty’ engine sound that is played through the radio speakers when you use sport mode.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understood the Sporty sound (that I can't hear anyway) comes from an electrically controlled 'valve' in the left rear silencer

·
Registered
436 Posts
I understood the Sporty sound (that I can't hear anyway) comes from an electrically controlled 'valve' in the left rear silencer
You have the exhaust valve but there's still a fake sporty engine sound through the speakers.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really, I've not heard it, is it controlled but the sound system volume?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hmmm strange! When I type in my VIN code via that link it shows a 'captcha - Im not a robot' and underneath it states that it is a BMW VIN Decoder, however there is no 'captcha' image to select etc...

Edit... I had to turn off my 'adblocker' software in Firefox for it to work properly, however there is no sign of 'B63 Engine Sound Via Speakers ' in my list of details for my AMG A35 2019. :(

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Edit... I had to turn off my 'adblocker' software in Firefox for it to work properly, however there is no sign of 'B63 Engine Sound Via Speakers ' in my list of details for my AMG A35 2019. :(
Well you are lucky! I expect your A35 sounds good already without the fake sound, I have the B63 but can't hear it, or the exhaust even with the exhaust flap and windows open 😂

·
Super Moderator
2,675 Posts
Yes of course! They are AMG’s.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts