Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What MPG are you getting compared to official figures.
I have a A200 cdi AMG Sport and get 44.6 mpg combined on an average week - Driven fairly easily.(well below what it should be)

Let us know what yours does.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I'm getting 32mpg from my a250

·
Registered
349 Posts
A250 engineered -Between 26 and 34 in sport and have had up to 39 in Eco mode with me driving in Sunday driver mode It was worse than that to start, got much better when I went over 1000 miles, should get slightly better with more miles

·
Registered
626 Posts
mixonic2 said:
I have a A200 cdi AMG Sport and get 44.6 mpg combined on an average week - Driven fairly easily.(well below what it should be)

You don't say how many miles the engine has done or if you are in an auto or manual?

Unfair to make any judgement until the engine has loosened up a bit. As has been said - 1000 miles minimum.

In my experience with my last 2 new cars (Audi TT and previously a C250CDi) my overall fuel consumption was always close to the manufacturer quoted mpg for the urban cycle (rather than the combined cycle which I would say is impossible to achieve in the real world.)

Aim for this and you won't feel so disappointed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mon2s said:
mixonic2 said:

You don't say how many miles the engine has done or if you are in an auto or manual?

Unfair to make any judgement until the engine has loosened up a bit. As has been said - 1000 miles minimum.

In my experience with my last 2 new cars (Audi TT and previously a C250CDi) my overall fuel consumption was always close to the manufacturer quoted mpg for the urban cycle (rather than the combined cycle which I would say is impossible to achieve in the real world.)

Aim for this and you won't feel so disappointed.
Hi I my car is A200 cdi AMG Sport manual with 2500miles.
Maximum mpg was 46,4mpg on a 510 mile round trip.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Thanks. The official urban figure for your car is 51.4mpg (or 50.4 with 18'' wheels which I assume you have as part of the AMG pack). I have to agree that what you achieved on a run wasn't brilliant but its close to the urban. I'm sure (I hope!) it will continue to nudge up as the miles increase.

·
Registered
626 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
A180 Auto CDI Sport/ Night Pack 18"/Sun Roof/Lux Leather/6 CDChanger/7.1 Audio ... so quite heavy

3000 miles

Total: 44 MPG

Motorways - 52 MPG

A/B Roads - 56 MPS

Heavy London Traffic 38-42 MPG

·
Registered
93 Posts
mon2s please can you relist that link as it doesn't appear to work - could be a glitch!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mjbos said:
mon2s please can you relist that link as it doesn't appear to work - could be a glitch!
Link seems to work if you paste directly into your browser.

·
Registered
349 Posts
My engineered did 40.3 on thurs on a 14 mile trip. Best i have had for average mpg on a journey of a bit of b road and motorway. Which I think is brill.

Edited by: Mbznut

·
Registered
377 Posts
that's really good... I've only had a couple of long runs (80 miles plus) & have had around 33.. booting it a bit to be fair tho..& always bad around town.

·
Registered
349 Posts
How sad is that taking a photo of it! Couldn't help it though. Pretty stunned to get that from petrol engine, I wasn't even trying to drive economically.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I see you have left your stop/start switched on.. do you think that makes a difference?

Also.. a small item but annoys me that the temp gauge sits at 90 in no mans land between 80 & 100 .. I like things straight !! :)...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Ha ha!
Not sure about the stop start. My route to work has a few traffic lights with long sequences so I think it may help. In traffic I'm not sure?

1 - 20 of 127 Posts