Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that people have had plenty of time to get used to MBUX, I'm wondering what small changes people would want to see in an updated version?

My suggestions would be:
  1. Have an option of a summary screen in the instrument cluster showing Avg. MPG, Current MPG, Trip distance, Odometer, etc. all together. Currently, there's a lot of separate screens with small amounts of info, but it would be nice to have a summary screen.
  2. In a similar vain, have an option for an instrument cluster display that switches automatically based on context (e.g. when using Nav, it shows nav details).
  3. It would be good if the Phone Answering buttons on the steering wheel could double up as track selection buttons, as I want to change track way more often than answer the phone.
  4. It would be good to be able to set a favourite to go straight to Artist selection for USB music. Currently, you have to hit the menu button, then go right from the track list to the selection options, then scroll down to artist and select it.
  5. Finally, death to the seat belt warning graphic!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ability to select themes by voice control, and/or ability to associate a theme with a Dynamic Select mode. [I like performance displays and aggressive red ambient lighting when I’m in Sport+ mode].

Reactions: NoirA35 and User4

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Along those lines, it would be great if the wake word “hey Mercedes” or just “Mercedes” could be changed to a word of your choice ??

·
Registered
436 Posts
Along those lines, it would be great if the wake word “hey Mercedes” or just “Mercedes” could be changed to a word of your choice ??
It took me one day of ownership to demote her to the switch on the steering wheel. Driving into Tesco car park getting ever more irate in my demands that she shut the @#$% up was enough for me.
In hindsight pushing the call end button shuts her up but I didn't know that on day one. I've never really forgiven her for the "Tesco Incident" :)

·
Registered
A35, Black Premium
341 Posts
Not sure if this counts as MBUX, but the ability to turn the car on from the app to turn the heaters on so it’s warm when you go in. If you don’t count that then maybe have the ambient lights turn on when you unlock the car rather than coming on when you turn the car on. Idk small thing but it will be cool ??‍♂

·
Registered
28 Posts
A220: You can turn on ’Welcome Lighting’ in the Ambient Lighting settings. That turns on the ambient lighting when the car is unlocked. I use this, so have the harsh overhead lighting turned off.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The seat belt warning is so annoying. It’s not just once you start the car, any time some one opens or closes the rear doors, closes or opens the rear seatbelts. Whoever thought of that needs to be shot.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Not sure if this counts as MBUX, but the ability to turn the car on from the app to turn the heaters on so it’s warm when you go in. If you don’t count that then maybe have the ambient lights turn on when you unlock the car rather than coming on when you turn the car on. Idk small thing but it will be cool ??‍♂
Pretty sure that remote start is illegal in the UK (at least if the car is on a public road) so it's disabled here for that reason.Would be nice to turn the heated seats on remotely though, which would help a bit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'd like to see the option to use your phone's WiFi hotspot for MBUX, rather then having to pay an extortionate fee to Vodaphone. I'm sure I've read that this is available in some countries, so I can only assume that Mercedes have an (anti-competitive, restrictive) agreement with Vodaphone here.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Have "hey Mercedes" be more consistent..
Every time I want to show it off to passengers she decides not to listen !!! ?

I also vote for Kitt and also hope Mercedes developed lots more dash interfaces.

·
Registered
A35, Black Premium
341 Posts
A220: You can turn on ’Welcome Lighting’ in the Ambient Lighting settings. That turns on the ambient lighting when the car is unlocked. I use this, so have the harsh overhead lighting turned off.
Awesome I didn’t know, i’ll set it now. Thanks

·
Registered
558 Posts
Selection of an alternative trigger word for voice commands.

Seamless sending of What3Words addresses from the W3W app to MBUX for navigation. Recognition of W3W addresses by direct text entry. MBUX struggles to comprehend even Quin's Inglish with clear diction when it comes to combinations of almost identical words. Oh and lookup of W3W addresses on the map. Given that the nav system is based on W3W these features are long overdue.

Selection of which music metadata is displayed, such as album name. Creating media playlists by grouping selections of artists, albums, or folders.

Independent colour selection for ambient lighting zones. I'm not a fan of any of the presets, but like the idea of setting my own choice of colours.

Reactions: AThirtyFive
1 - 16 of 16 Posts