Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tested this for the first time and I must say I was fairly impressed....to a degree.

I used the app to find a local business address that I know that is on the High St. Switching to satellite view on the app allowed me to move the square to the back of the property where I knew the parking was.

Instructing the car with the three word code by voice took me to the precise location, very nice.

I can see the usefulness of this in situations where a simple address input can't get you to the place you need to be. The only thing that disappointed me about it was the integration with the car. Sending the three word address to the car failed, so I had to remember the words.

To integrate it fully it would be nice to see the what3word app in the car. That would make the whole thing perfectly seamless.

Maybe they plan that for an OTA update.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I tried to give instructions to MBUX navi “using” what3words but MBUX failed to “understand”. How do you “activate “ W3W? I write from Italy i can try the translation in Italian. Thanx for your attention

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi has anyone had any luck in getting what3words working in the MBUX nav system? Tried everything - both Merc and what3words say it should work! 2018 A200.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just tested this for the first time and I must say I was fairly impressed....to a degree.

I used the app to find a local business address that I know that is on the High St. Switching to satellite view on the app allowed me to move the square to the back of the property where I knew the parking was.

Instructing the car with the three word code by voice took me to the precise location, very nice.

I can see the usefulness of this in situations where a simple address input can't get you to the place you need to be. The only thing that disappointed me about it was the integration with the car. Sending the three word address to the car failed, so I had to remember the words.

To integrate it fully it would be nice to see the what3word app in the car. That would make the whole thing perfectly seamless.

Maybe they plan that for an OTA update.
Cannot understand how you got it to work - I tried everything but no luck, voice command/typing it in ect, is it possible to know how you did it?

·
Super Moderator
2,103 Posts
I have a workaround for it. Click navigate and open Apple Maps. When that opens click share and send to your car that way. It’s not right but works. Still show no internet connection when trying to share directly from W3W to car.

Reactions: AMC1

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a workaround for it. Click navigate and open Apple Maps. When that opens click share and send to your car that way. It’s not right but works. Still show no internet connection when trying to share directly from W3W to car.
Thanks for replying BUT my MBUX refuses to allow me to send to the car (my Mercedes says its been sent as does Google maps) but they never get to the car! - same for map updates - keeps saying I have updates but the MBUX says no, phone is connected OK. Just assume the car isn't connecting somehow to the "airwaves" through Merc.

·
Administrator
5,237 Posts
Hi has anyone had any luck in getting what3words working in the MBUX nav system? Tried everything - both Merc and what3words say it should work! 2018 A200.
"Hey Mercedes"

"Navigate to, what 3 words, Daisy, Swim, Dock"

More:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts