Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
A180 AMG Line Premium Plus Auto with Distronic (the one bit I wanted!)
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The manual is seriously awful. I have two simple unrelated questions which i have spent about an hour trawling through the book trying to resolve. Someone please put me out out my misery!
So starter for ten: What is the "P" about which appears in a blue square next to the lane assist icon. It comes on when I drop below around 15mph?
Next: Does it the car have an Icy Roads warning?
Have the driving assistance package.
Embarrassing questions to ask I'm afraid.

·
Registered
35 Posts
P is for Parking. You can will see the arrow next to it pointing on which side is the parking.
I don't know about the Icy Roads warning

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P is for Parking. You can will see the arrow next to it pointing on which side is the parking.
Thank you! I had thought I needed to press the button to activate a "I want to find a space" activity. I need to read that up again. Only done a couple of trial parks to see how it works (and then, obviously, forgotten).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldn't find any reference to Ice warning in the manual although I would have thought it would be standard. Perhaps nowadays it becomes an issue of liability if the system fails to warn and you hit ice. With the panel lit up like a Christmas tree it can become a problem to spot the appropriate warning (but apparently not to miss the ones you don't undserstand!)

·
Super Moderator
2,837 Posts
Formation of ice on roads is such a complex area, dependent on many things, eg; wind, humidity, dew point, road surface etc. that as far as I know, M-B have never displayed such a simplistic warning like in many other cars, a snowflake symbol when the dry-bulb ambient temperature falls to below 3 degC!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Formation of ice on roads is such a complex area, dependent on many things, eg; wind, humidity, dew point, road surface etc. that as far as I know, M-B have never displayed such a simplistic warning like in many other cars, a snowflake symbol when the dry-bulb ambient temperature falls to below 3 degC!

I have found it useful on a long journey running towards the end of the day when you might not notice that the outside temp has gradually dropped from 5 or 6 to 2 or 3. I know it isn't foolproof or particularly scientific but it is still useful (and more so than a "I've found a parking space symbol!" as I go round a roundabout).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts