Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard when the Feature Update Package 3 is due? And also what will it contain?

I wasn’t expecting Merc to deliver updates as quickly as Tesla, but 2 updates in almost 2 years of the W177 is pretty poor. I had hoped there would be regular OTA updates that would squash bugs and add new features on a frequent basis. I guess MB (and all conventional auto manufacturers) have some way to go to catch up with Tesla. Oh well...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m hoping that the app features become free, full screen CarPlay, Dashcam functionality and the ability for car to connect to phones hotspot so you don’t have to pay the high Vodafone costs.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about finally getting the digital key in the UK?
I think they are discontinuing that feature full stop. I supposedly still have it, but I've never been able to attempt to use it as I'm an iPhone user not Android.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m hoping that the app features become free, full screen CarPlay, Dashcam functionality and the ability for car to connect to phones hotspot so you don’t have to pay the high Vodafone costs.
Love the optimism but I can't see MB giving up the opportunity to charge extra for those services, except Apple Carplay/Android Auto, but that's just because all auto manufacturers seem to be moving in the direction of including it as standard - thankfully. BMW have given up the notion of charging annually for ACP now I think...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts