Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard when the Feature Update Package 3 is due? And also what will it contain?

I wasn’t expecting Merc to deliver updates as quickly as Tesla, but 2 updates in almost 2 years of the W177 is pretty poor. I had hoped there would be regular OTA updates that would squash bugs and add new features on a frequent basis. I guess MB (and all conventional auto manufacturers) have some way to go to catch up with Tesla. Oh well...

·
Registered
201 Posts
iOS App got updated yesterday and it is still poor lol.
Collision and Valet Alert works when they decide to lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m hoping that the app features become free, full screen CarPlay, Dashcam functionality and the ability for car to connect to phones hotspot so you don’t have to pay the high Vodafone costs.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about finally getting the digital key in the UK?
I think they are discontinuing that feature full stop. I supposedly still have it, but I've never been able to attempt to use it as I'm an iPhone user not Android.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m hoping that the app features become free, full screen CarPlay, Dashcam functionality and the ability for car to connect to phones hotspot so you don’t have to pay the high Vodafone costs.
Love the optimism but I can't see MB giving up the opportunity to charge extra for those services, except Apple Carplay/Android Auto, but that's just because all auto manufacturers seem to be moving in the direction of including it as standard - thankfully. BMW have given up the notion of charging annually for ACP now I think...

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've heard nothing so far :confused:

I think Merc has some way to go before they are in the same league as Tesla when it comes to updating the software frequently OTA. I personally like small frequent updates but that's just because I'm so used to using SaaS applications at work that are continually updated and kept evergreen. Seems only Tesla got the memo that we want our cars to do the same :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Reactions: IanW177

·
Registered
429 Posts
It's very obvious that MB has scaled back on their promises for OTA updates, presumably because they have encountered problems making it work. Prior to launch in 2018 they said they were expecting to release regular feature updates to firmware during the first twelve months after launch, then less frequent updates second year on. Much as Tesla has done.

In fact they have only released on firmware update that I can recall - map updates are different. I doubt very much that is because they can't think of anything they want to upgrade. Even the cosmetic upgrades with the 'FU' prefix are not available OTA and have to be done in a very labour-intensive way by dealers, which is the reason many dealers won't have anything to do with these updates; MB don't class them as important enough to post on the system as a recall, so any dealer doing the update will not be paid for it. Hence their reluctance. I don't think they can be blamed for their position.

Almost two years following launch, I'm beginning to doubt whether MB will ever develop this iteration of MBUX to allow an efficient system of OTA updates.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I spoke to MB yesterday. FUP3 is going to be released in March 2020
The Mercedes me 2020 app is set to be released next week
Mercedes Me 2020 app is available for iOS but not for android. As per them its a pilot/beta version. I wish they could let us try future versions in TestFlight before putting it on app store.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Mercedes Me 2020 app is available for iOS but not for android. As per them its a pilot/beta version. I wish they could let us try future versions in TestFlight before putting it on app store.
Just looked for this and found a mercedes me dashcam app. I haven’t got my car yet to try it has anyone else tried it out?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've just purchased a Garmin Dashcam because the feature was removed from the MBUX... just about to install this app to see if I'm missing a trick.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've just purchased a Garmin Dashcam because the feature was removed from the MBUX... just about to install this app to see if I'm missing a trick.
If you could update me when you find out about this app, it would be very useful.

Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just looked for this and found a mercedes me dashcam app. I haven’t got my car yet to try it has anyone else tried it out?
I think it was released last year. Probably when dashcam feature was available. But i could be wrong. Mrs took the car so cant try either lol.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just had a play with this. Seems to need a WLAN connection in the settings to connect to the camera. Tried connecting to the car hotspot WLAN but no joy. The setting fields are greyed out and not editable. Looks like something else needs to be enabled in the car for this to work. Seems strange that the app is available in the UK store but not useable!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts