Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ah....... my bad. Didn’t realise MB did a standalone dashcam. Never seen this before. Anyone got one?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I spoke to MB yesterday. FUP3 is going to be released in March 2020
The Mercedes me 2020 app is set to be released next week
Thanks for that info @Bl55ONE. Did MB give you any details as to what's going to be included in FUP3?

·
Registered
2 Posts
No problem.. not at all.. I know it doesn't help but that is what they said. I was also told that MB carnt make ther minds up on whether we have to book it in for the update or whether it will happen OTA.
dumb. it may very well be the greatest downfall in history after managing to generate so much hype. SaaS without OTA is a BIG NO.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for that info @Bl55ONE. Did MB give you any details as to what's going to be included in FUP3?
There will be a new App integration called "EasyPark" which handles parking fees native within MBUX. See the screenshots:

There also seems to be an advancement of the "Mercedes Me Shop" in the car which now allows you to buy additional service without having to checkout on the website. An indication that there will be more access to further services in the future. That is so far the only things that have been made public.

·
Registered
237 Posts
There will be a new App integration called "EasyPark" which handles parking fees native within MBUX. See the screenshots:

There also seems to be an advancement of the "Mercedes Me Shop" in the car which now allows you to buy additional service without having to checkout on the website. An indication that there will be more access to further services in the future. That is so far the only things that have been made public.
That’s awesome because I always use ringgo so having a system like that in the car would make it so much easier

·
Registered
14 Posts
I spoke to MB yesterday. FUP3 is going to be released in March 2020
The Mercedes me 2020 app is set to be released next week
My car was in for service a couple of weeks back and I asked for the MBUX system to be updated which didn't happen. I challenged it with MB directly and was told that an update would be due out in February. Pushed further, they then said that the update to fix my issue (ridiculous sat nav routing) would be June or July.

So....I have no idea and I'm not convinced they do either.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Not all of the advertised features will be available in every country, much as most other 'features' are dependent on country.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I will wait his month too see how it goes for this FU3 but depending the country the process will take more..., I am still in the original version, and before update to FU2 will wait to avoid going twice to the dealer since I need to the during the week and the queues are huge...

·
Registered
603 Posts
It would help greatly if MB would let their dealers know what FU3 will fix.

My car was back at the dealers yet again last week, they updated all the s/w but fixed none of the 5 faults ?

They have raised a 'trend' report but have no way forward for any of the faults, wonderful

·
Registered
2020 A35 AMG
49 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new to Mercedes. Do these updates get applied automatically when the car is switched on, or do I have to go into the dealership to have it done?

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Historically the FUP updates have needed to be installed by the dealership. For FUP3 who knows...? Hopefully it will be over the air...

Reactions: ST09

·
Registered
25 Posts
Historically the FUP updates have needed to be installed by the dealership. For FUP3 who knows...? Hopefully it will be over the air...
We all hope. But I don’t think its gonna happen With ota updates.

My nov 68 plate is still on fup1 according to people here. Has anybody in the West Midlands had there mbux updated by the dealer?

·
Registered
56 Posts
We all hope. But I don’t think its gonna happen With ota updates.

My nov 68 plate is still on fup1 according to people here. Has anybody in the West Midlands had there mbux updated by the dealer?
Based in WM. I have had it updated! Didn't ask for it but glad all the same lol

·
Registered
365 Posts
You know it's pretty much guaranteed to be a dealer upgrade. If the update went wrong it could make your car inoperable which would be pretty bad if you're leaving for work or miles away from home.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
You know it's pretty much guaranteed to be a dealer upgrade. If the update went wrong it could make your car inoperable which would be pretty bad if you're leaving for work or miles away from home.
Thats true it would be a complete PITA if an OTA update screwed up and left you stranded, but Tesla manages it just fine. Also MB should stop making promises on their portal as per the attached if they can’t actually deliver...

908AB321-CEEB-4929-8169-2709EA719B2E.png

21 - 40 of 64 Posts