Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Reactions: Theo and vodka

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My engine guy Hendrik has certainly put together a mean four cylinder. Please do share a photo of who built yours.

Reactions: Theo

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most of our posts and subjects on here are fairly nerdy if we think about it. From paint jobs to a tenth of a second quicker in a drag. Its optional and it's a tradition from the original A45.

Reactions: Theo

·
Registered
155 Posts
a45s_engine_signature.jpg
Another spectacular piece of engineering by Mr. Tobias Romer.

Reactions: Forrester

·
Registered
155 Posts
I like the thread Forrester and btw I was thinking about making one, but you beat me to it! I'm actually curious to see who assembled the most engines. I don't suppose we all had different mechanics, could it be possible?

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the thread Forrester and btw I was thinking about making one, but you beat me to it! I'm actually curious to see who assembled the most engines. I don't suppose we all had different mechanics, could it be possible?
I did a search for the previous A45 176 thread but couldn't find it. It would be good to see the numbers with both threads combined. I couldn't put my car engine maker up as photos and comments didn't transfer across easily in those days from phones.

Now found by using Google rather than the search on this site.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think it would be nice touch if when your engine has been completed that Mercedes sends you the customer a photo of the engine with it's builder stood next to it.

Would make it feel like a real personal experience and really emphasise the one man one engine thing,it would also heighten the customers anticipation for the car,plus in this day and age it would take seconds to to.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it would be nice touch if when your engine has been completed that Mercedes sends you the customer a photo of the engine with it's builder stood next to it.

Would make it feel like a real personal experience and really emphasise the one man one engine thing,it would also heighten the customers anticipation for the car,plus in this day and age it would take seconds to to.
It could allow you to also be there in a photoshop way.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wasn't that the guy who was only there a week on a training scheme 😉
Rumor has it he wanted that job so much he spent the whole week busting his ass to make everything perfect. His attention to detail was so appreciated he jumped straight to Deputy Head Mechanic. Can't beat youth's ambition, it can propel you to greatness. 😗

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very rare to see the same person twice including looking back on the original A45 thread. I wonder how many of them there are.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So Marc is quite prolific. Obviously on piece rates 😁

1 - 20 of 104 Posts