Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody.

I have just signed up and introduced myself in the newbies topic in the forum.

My first question is does anyone know how long you should be waiting for an order from Mercedes?

I just ordered my Mercedes A180 5DR Hat 1.5 CDI BluEF Sport in Mountain Grey and Black Artico interior (very basic) on the 2/4/13 and I have been given an ETA of mid September!!

I was told by someone at Mercedes that they are pushing to get them out 3 weeks earlier than expected but that is still 4 and a half months on a pretty basic model.

Has anybody been given an ETA nad had their car delivered any earlier than expected?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Next week I see. Bet you can't wait.

I was interested though as I have seen some other members have ordered AMG Sports with the Night packages and all sorts of other extras and they ETA times are hovering around the 2 month mark.

Just thought a more basic model like mine would of been arriving sooner.

I guess I can kiss goodbye to some summer driving this year then!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi Mason49 and welcome. I'm supposed to be getting mine delivered this afternoon. I ordered it on 8th November so I've waited 5 months the same as your timescale. Originally they said 22nd April but brought it forward to 12th and then to today. Just hoping it turns up as promised
the longer I wait today the more I doubt it

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Anzz!

Well there is that old saying...'Good things come to those that wait'.

Shame I am so in patient.

Fingers crossed for you this afternoon. I guess I can only hope for some time in August as I assume Mercedes will always send you a date they know they cant run over and can bring forward so not to dissapoint their clients.

·
Registered
318 Posts
They told me the long date was to manage my expectations! If it does come that does seem to be the case with mine.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Your could do what I did and had the one in the showroom. Had it in 5 days.

I was lucky it was the exacted one I wanted with the correct packages.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hi Millsy, hope you washed your hands, LOL!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is it a PDF version?...Mercedes in Hull did not have a paper brochure, saving the planet and all that. I don't want to soil my Kindle

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If I had a paper copy lying around it would just kill me having to look at it everyday knowing September is a way off yet.

Wonder how Anzz is bearing up?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hi Anzz and guys, just had a call from the dealer, MY CAR IS THERE! What a great surprise! Haven't sorted my bank yet, so going down after lunch. Hooray! I don't need that soiled brochure now, lol!Edited by: Lynne

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lynne....what a great surprise for a Friday afternoon!

I don't even get emails Millsy!

Oh well still stuck with the Kia Cee'd....

1 - 20 of 92 Posts