Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

Wind and rattle noise

8K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Jasiek 
#1 ·
Done about 800 miles, when I'm driving at higher speeds it sounds like the window or door is not closed properly. Anyone else hearing this?

Also I'm getting the vibrating or rattle on driver side. Seems to be around the lock, when I push against the lock area it stops. Something is loose and rubbing or rattling . Also even I turn the music up, noise gets louder. It actually sounds like the speaker is blown. Though defo not the speaker.

Again anyone getting this?

Any solutions found? Thanks

#2 ·
There are other people with similar issues although the door lock is a new one, its usually the seat belt holders. They are taking them back to mb to sort out the problems so at least mb seem willing to do this, its a pain but seems there are fixes available.

#3 ·
Someone mentioned on another thread that it actually may be the door lock and not the seat belt mechanism as they solved the problem on a BMW which they thought was the seat belt but turned out to be the door lock.

#4 ·
Yeah got various rattles in mine, it's the only thing that really lets the car down to be honest.

Up to 1400 miles now, trying to get a good idea of where the rattles are and when they occur before I approach MB.

It seems at the moment that both seat belt mechs are rattling, the COMAND screen (I mean, if you gently prod it you can hear it creak, it's very tackily affixed) and also a new one appeared tonight somewhere in the centre console possibly around the gear selector.

#5 ·
Yozza23 said:
Done about 800 miles, when I'm driving at higher speeds it sounds like the window or door is not closed properly. Anyone else hearing this?

Also I'm getting the vibrating or rattle on driver side. Seems to be around the lock, when I push against the lock area it stops. Something is loose and rubbing or rattling . Also even I turn the music up, noise gets louder. It actually sounds like the speaker is blown. Though defo not the speaker.

Well.... and I thought I was going mad, haven't done much motorway driving until last week, and at higher speeds, I too thought that the door wasn't closed properly or the one of the windows was down a bit or even within the door itself..... The car goes in for 1st service at the beginning of December hopefully sort all these rattles, creaks and noises!..(got a long *
* list) ...LOL

#7 ·
Yes, I have what you describe also. Wind noise and rattles from door locks, seat belts mechanisms and the air vents on the dash. I can't stand rattles in cars so this is a big downer for me. I also know that dealers aren't that interested in fixing them from my experience. As you say really not on I'm a £40k+ car

#9 ·
I do not have any rattles in my A200 - except the one I solved by covering the tow bolt in the boot in bubble wrap - I was only really concious of the wind noise after driving a hire car when travelling with work last week.
I hate saying this but the Kia Cee'd was silent when travelling a speed on a motorway - it really demonstrated to me how noisy by A Class is.

Well booked into garage tomorrow for review of excessive noise and the anti collision alarm going off for no reason !!!

#12 ·
Messi - Don't let these comments worry you. I still think that the A Class is a great car - these are minor issues that can be resolved - My car certainly does not have the rattles that others report.
Edited by: JohnnyH

#13 ·
kingikra said:
basho said:
Mine the same. After 1000 Miles. Wind Noise. rattles from dashboard and side door. I am so disappointed everytime I enter the car and hear this I freak out! What should I do?
\

I have fixed it by using davedutch's instructions and now I do not hear a thing.

Yup, most of the rattles, if not all, come from the door cards. Once thoroughly felted out by the dealer (or yourself) silence...ahhhhhh

Early cars like mine also had a rattle from the seat belt tensioners in the b-pillar but these were replaced back in 2013 under warranty when I was moaning about the rattles and couldn't identify the source.

#14 ·
Wow mine is a new Sept car 500 miles only 12th Mercedes car owned and had all the top equipment they produce all AMG, treated myself to one of these and sold my superb E63 Estate, never had a issue with any car owned and at almost £50K for for this A Class should I get any of the issues seen on here rattles squeaks or turbos blowing it will be back to the dealer with the keys and the V5 and legal letter job done
Edited by: Petroladdict

#15 · (Edited)

Reading your post now like it is my own. Motorway speeds I have a noise at the back like the window is slightly opened. Driver side front door rattle next to lock/unlock buttons and door unlock mechanism plus top plastic rattles as well next to the pillar, super annoying. To top this all up, touch pad is squeaking like mad when pressing down. OMG brand new car!!! Took it to the service, they couldn't see any problems, had to make some videos for them, waiting for response!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.