Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Anyone had an issue with the above please...just seems to be rear drivers side, but could be both. Thanks

·
Registered
770 Posts
I think Mercedes have slacked in the build quality in these new A-Class cars in the rush to get them out, with the new MBUX system before others released theirs. There are quite a few faults appearing on these cars from wind noise, leaks, poor electrics and problems with the MBUX system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same irritating issue, also. Mercedes is announcing a Cx class record of 0.22...at what cost? I'm very disappointed.

·
Registered
123 Posts
This is what I answer other topic.

"This is very annoying when you hear wind noice in doors. This is because to door closing force is too low (door close very easy without any force) This can be fix, but iam not recommended do it you self offcourse. You can ask you Dealerships if authorized maintenance want to fix it, if they know how to do it. Because that not should´t be in premium car."

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello guys,

Yes. i have noticed the wind noice while doing a 300 mile drive the other day. Was bit annoying really. Specially with a premium brand like Merc. Are they aware of this ? I think mine is coming from rear passanger side door.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Exact same problem rear passenger door theyve had it back twice and now on a third so bad this last time they adjusted the doors in and still the same
The car is only 3 weeks old im about to reject it as of being sub standard quality and asking for a replacement

·
Registered
123 Posts
Like I said earlier, it's easy to fix. Just talk to your dealer. If they can't fix it, then they doing something wrong.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Then those "fixers" don't know what they doing. I can help you but I need some information. Then you can paste my instructor to them. Where you car was build?

I needed those information.

1. Rear door flush in dody. Top, middle, bottom. (Not window frame)

2. Front door flush in rear door. Top, middle, dottom. ( Not window frame)

·
Registered
123 Posts
This will be the 3rd time like i said maybe i pass them your details
Apparently you've got you car repaired? Because you don't need my help. As I said other topic, I work in Valmet and my job is current A-Class. Including fitting and geometric (Doors, Hood, Ext…). So I don't just say I can help you to fix it, I really can do it 😁 But even better if you dealer already fix it 👌

·
Registered
212 Posts
Apparently you've got you car repaired? Because you don't need my help. As I said other topic, I work in Valmet and my job is current A-Class. Including fitting and geometric (Doors, Hood, Ext…). So I don't just say I can help you to fix it, I really can do it 😁 But even better if you dealer already fix it 👌
So why are vehicles being released with these quality issues, are inspection checks not being carried out, or are these alignment issues coming about after delivery once the vehicle has been driven e.g everything is settling?

·
Registered
123 Posts
So why are vehicles being released with these quality issues, are inspection checks not being carried out, or are these alignment issues coming about after delivery once the vehicle has been driven e.g everything is settling?
Maybe that's not a quality issue, there just "bad" fitting or geometry the doors, but those is just bearly ok. Because cars made so much every day, they can't check totally every car, nobody can. They drive some cars every day, like 0,1% manufactured cars. That noice can be notice only driving the car. For each car, the closing power of the every doors is measured, and that must be between something, and then it's ok. Like 100-150 and 100 it's "loose" and close easily and 150 needs more force to close. If value is 100 it is possible that there is wind noice in windows frame. And value 150 there not be. We make our car close 150. (These are example values)

Every part and fitting is some tolerance. If two part are opposite ends, then there have bigger gap or flush, but still fitting and part is OK.

But this case is very difficult, because there are so many different things what can affect badly.

And of course it's possible the door not okay when it's left the factory, and that is very bad, but possible of course. There only people who making those cars and mistake happens. And when customers buy fault car, it's very frustrating.

I really hope they can fix this problem.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Out of curiosity - what should be done to fix this issue? Is it a case of tightening fixings on the door or altering fittings / brackets?

·
Registered
123 Posts
There is so many things what can be wrong. But basically, the whole door or door frame must get closer to body. Door can adjust hinge or lock back plate.

But front and rear door flush and rear door to body flush define what can be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes of course the noice came window rubber, but not middle one. That's what I saying here many times, if noice came window frame then door geometric is wrong or door is too much outside. It's very rare the rubber is fault. That what you did, the rubber gets more "material" and that's why it's working. If they change frame rubber, then it's possible it works a while, and then rubber "collapse" and sound starts again. Of course I hope that's not the case and that fix works fine and long time. It is possible that frame rubber is fault of course, but I don't believe that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Maaho76, can you give instructions on how to make the doors shut better? I noticed the doors shut very easy on my new A class. On my previous A class the doors shut with more force.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts