Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I own the new A Class from December 2012.
I noticed that at 60-70 kmh there is an annoying sound like if one of the windows has remained</span> </span>a little</span> </span>open. After the speed increases to 100 the sound is very loud.
I visit Mercedes, they admitted they also hear the sound and after 4 other A Class test drive we realised that all of them had the same problem with the sound.

Has anyone noticed the same problem?

Thank you
</span>

·
Registered
147 Posts
Don't think, I've noticed anything disturbing below 70 km/h. There is some wind noise at higher speeds. Especially if there's a strong side wind. The car is otherwise so quiet that it makes the wind noise more noticeable.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Cant say we really notice anything untoward!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I noticed that this is not the sound from side winds and I also here the noice from the enviroment outside louder than expected!
Is there any possibility to be a problem of cars soundproofing?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi yes i have also noticed wind noise that i was not expecting seem to come from the B post area but could be the mirrors and transmitting along the car. Also i seem to have a lot of engine noise comming into the cabin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just taken my new A class onto the motorway for the first time, and the first thing I noticed was the wind noise, at first I thought one of the windows wasn't closed properly, but they all appeared closed. Later I checked this forum and someone advised resetting the windows to ensure they were closing. Did that but no improvement. This is my first Merc and I will bedisappointed if the dealership can't sort this out. Had other new cars and never heard any wind noise from them. Is this a design fault or can it be fixed by dealership??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks that gives me hope that they can sort it. To be honest I had two test drives of the A180 and the A220 diesel and I 'm sure I would have noticed any wind noise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts