Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Has anyone tried out the convenience feature on their cars? Does it come as standard?? I read about it on the online manual as well as the manual that comes with the car. It says to point the key at the drivers door handle and press the unlock button on the key and keep it pressed down and all the windows (and sunroof) open, if your press the lock button the windows (and sunroof) if open will all close.

I've looked at all the optional extra's and specs on all the models and there is no mention of this feature as an optional feature.

I emailed MB customer service and asked about this and after giving them my Reg & VIN they replied that this is a standard feature on my vehicle. It however doesn't work
.I've contacted my dealer and am waiting for them to call me back</span>Has anyone tried this out and does it work??</span>

Ant help in this regard will be appreciated.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Afraid I had same issue!
It's included as a feature of a option - not sure which option!
You need to check if there is a black sensor on the door handle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mjobs, I've looked through all the online and hard copy manuals, pricing and specifications booklets and brochures and there is no mention whatsoever that it is a feature on any of the options. Its weird that when I gave MB UK customer care my reg and VIN they replied saying that it was a standard feature on my vehicle, I was told by my dealer that he was certain that none of the A class models come with that feature. So I'm not sure, I'm waiting for a final confirmation from my MB dealer before taking this further with MB Customer Services.

Legge I just had a look at the MB Finland site and it states it on there as:

Side window and the panorama roof opening and closing of the central locking system (infrared, optional)</span>

</span>
but on the MB UK site this what is stated under the AMG Exclusive and Exclusive packages:

AMG Exclusive Package</span><br style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, 'times new roman', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;">- Black roof lining</span><br style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, 'times new roman', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;">- Floor mats with edging in appointments colour</span><br style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, 'times new roman', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;">- Heated front seats with 4-way lumbar support</span><br style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, 'times new roman', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;">- Leather upholstery ""“ Lava Black with red perforations</span><br style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, 'times new roman', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;">- Trim ""“ Lava Black leather upper dash with contrast red stitching</span>

</span>
Exclusive Package</span><br style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, 'times new roman', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;">- Black roof lining</span><br style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, 'times new roman', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;">- Floor mats with edging in appointments colour</span><br style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, 'times new roman', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;">- Heated front seats with 4-way lumbar support</span><br style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, 'times new roman', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;">- Leather upholstery ""“ Crystal Grey, Hazelnut Brown or Lava Black</span><br style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, 'times new roman', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;">- Trim ""“ leather upper dash in appointments colour</span><br style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, 'times new roman', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;"><br style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, 'times new roman', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;">(Grey roof lining is a no-cost option in conjunction with Crystal Grey or Lava Blackleather upholstery only)</span>

So there is no mention of it being as part of a optional package. That's what makes it so frustrating, that there's no mention of it on the MB UK website or bochure but it's on the owners manual. If it was a feature not for the UK market I think they should've stated it in the manual like they did with all the other things that aren't on the cars for the UK...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.