Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I recently bought a w176 A45 2015.

It has folding mirrors and dimming mirrors which leads me to beleive it has the mirror package.

Reading about the mirror pack on the official MB website it says I should also be able to get the passenger side mirror to tilt down when reversing.
I cannot seem to figure out how to get this to work.

I have read conflicting advice on forums. Including which packages you need.

Does anyone have an A series with the mirror pack and knows how this works?

Thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
It does not have the tilt down I have the mirror pack and it was discussed on here before

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks.
Do the mirrors themselves differ or is it just the memory module it needs from the seats?
I would assume a simple module which connected to the reverse light would do the trick.
Does such an aftermarket mod exist?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just read this on another forum .
Maybe worth a try but do need memory seats I believe .
With the engine running select reverse then the passenger side mirror. Adjust the mirror down towards the rear wheel when adjusted just select drive and about 10 sec later the mirror should readjust to its normal position.

Now everytime you select reverse the mirror should move to view the rear wheel.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yes you will need the memory seats for this to work. It’s strange that it works this way as on my C350e it has the dipping passenger mirror in reverse and that didn’t need the memory seats. I’m guessing there’s a module for the A class memory seats that has the necessary chip in it for this

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do you have the passenger-side mirror selected on the mirror controller?

·
Registered
277 Posts
You have to move it manually to the position you want the first time you do it and then it will remember in future. I think you need to have the power fold option as well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts