Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just a quick question and this might make me sound stupid but here it goes.
We dont have the package with folding mirrors, but can you manually fold them in in the A class or do they not fold? We didnt want to try and force them!

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I would presume that they will fold in, can't see a reason why merc would fit non folding side mirrors.

·
Registered
377 Posts
yep they fold in manually .. but if still time to change I would highly recommend this option.. I didn't get it with my Audi and had to replace a smashed drivers side as I hadn't folded it in & some kind person swiped my car whilst parked on the road.. the replacement fitted was about the same price as this option..

plus you get the auto dimming feature...

what's handy is that you can set them to automatically fold in when you lock the car. they open again when you open the driver or passenger door.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Tom, is there a certain knack to folding them manually?
I've tried a couple of times (though not too hard), but they don't shift and it looks like they will break if I try to fold them??

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bumping this thread as I have non electrically folding mirrors and I don't want to force my mirrors and damage them. How do they fold manually?

·
Registered
181 Posts
The mirrors on my A45 AMG fold manually. It does take a fair amount of force to overcome the detent. Just place your hands on each end of the mirror and push/pull. They are well built so don't be afraid to give a hefty push.

<div style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : none repeat scroll 0% 0% transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px;" id="UMS_TOOLTIP">

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks very much, both for the advice, and teaching me the word 'detent'. Car tips and vocal building, is there anything this forum can't do?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I stumbled across this thread today while looking for the same answers and it does seem to be model specific. I spoke to my local Mercedes service centre people today and they confirmed that my A180 mirrors do not manually fold back.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Seems a bit odd that they'd be made to be completely solid - I thought that they had to be foldable at least in the event that they strike, or are struck by, a cyclist or pedestrian.

Still, whether or not it's a legal requirement, the online manual does state;

Exterior mirror pushed out of position <div ="chap"><div ="section-mchap"><div ="instruction"><div ="procedure"> If an exterior mirror has been pushed out of position (forwards or backwards), proceed as follows: <div ="arki-procedureStep">
<div ="p-text">Vehicles without electrically folding exterior mirrors:</span> manually move the exterior mirror into the correct position.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello :)

Merc A45 A-Class

Does anyone know where I can get replacement side mirrors from? Mine has been knocked and the plastic underneath has snapped off, I'm guessing i would have to replace the whole mirror as finding just the plastic part would be tricky.

Thanks in advance :)
Suz

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
If it's just the casings you need I've got a pair of vgc white ones?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts