Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popped into my local dealer today as the drivers side wiper seems to be adjusted incorrectly and slaps the A pillar (not all the time but ~ 4 wipes out of 10, bit odd).

Waited for 30mins for a tech to have a look but gave up and booked a walk in appointment for Monday.

Free coffee from the bar was good and a lovely view whilst waiting anyway I guess.

·
Read Only
48 Posts
Hope you get it fixed up! I think this wiper system is a little more advance vs. a typical system. I noticed that when they are running on fast mode they don't go down all the way (so they don't slap the window cowl). Not too hard to notice, but not sure people would even pay attention to that - lol .....

There is a calibration they need to do as well - check it out on YouTube, pretty cool - maybe that will solve your issue. If it was hitting the A pillar all the time, it may just need adjusting, but if it's only doing it sometimes....I suspect a software glitch.

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Seaneeboi - glad I didn’t get the spanner’s out now ;)

I have a return visit Monday.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So my opinion on Merc customer service has dipped again. Fridays trip to my dealer had me fill out a post it note of my details so that a record could be raised and I would get an sms to confirm Monday (today’s) walk in appointment between 8 & 10. Text never received. Got here at 845 - no record raised on the system, apology received and I fill out another post it to fill out.

20 mins later I get a works schedule to sign. Fingers crossed for a result........

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unreal - so it’s not possible to undo a nut and move the wipers 1/2mm on this car - it needs a replacement wiper blade motor and recalibration. Workshop bound for a full day and just to add to the pain - no loan cars available unless I wait til the second week in January which means me getting cabs to and fro to accommodate the fix.
I have raised a complaint with Merc CS who will try and deal with the issue within 5 days. Interesting as it’s in the workshop Wednesday.

·
Read Only
48 Posts
Did you have this fixed?

I too have the exact same issue now. It only hits the pillar on low speed, not high speed, which takes me back to my initial thought “programming”. Somethings messed up. It has nothing to do with the wiper arm positioning as it’s so close to hitting the window cowl when in the park position, not to mention, it’s random.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had this for about the first 300 miles or so then it seemed to fix itself and not had it reoccur since (now on 1500 miles)!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same issue here! On the day I collected the car I noticed it the same evening when it started to rain. It went it to be fixed and then did the same 6 months later. Its ok at the moment but given how many issues i've had expect it to return.

·
Read Only
48 Posts
Do you know what they had to replace the motor? Just curious. I’m taking my car in next week. Did the dealer mention if this was a known issue by chance? Thx for the info.

Sean :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The dealer just said they couldn’t adjust the setup and a replacement motor was the only solution. I didn’t get a copy of the work carried out unfortunately or I would have shared more info.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all , mine has been hitting the plastic trim at the bottom of the windscreen. It has been to mercedes today who have said it needs a new part. I will advise more later after speaking to them in person

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have happening with me as well but it doesn’t happen all the time. What I have noticed is that when it does occur, if you switch wipers off (set to 0) and then back on again they works as normal again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have happening with me as well but it doesn’t happen all the time. What I have noticed is that when it does occur, if you switch wipers off (set to 0) and then back on again they works as normal again.
The dealer has replaced the water deflector on my car that was the culprit apparently tested quickly and look all okay

1 - 17 of 17 Posts