Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had issues with wipers juddering or jumping on the front windscreen and does someone know how to correct it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all thanks for the responses, the car is a month old…..I know I can go back to dealer and get warranty replacements but I think the Merc blades are of poor quality. Is there anyone who has changed their blades and eliminated this issue and if so what blades did they get my car is an A200 AMG line edition 2021.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You can try, but these are wear and tear components so likely depends on the goodwill of your dealer. I use Bosch Aerotwin A205S front and A332H rear. The rear degrades faster than the front, presumably because a lot more dust accumulates there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That happened to me and a change of blades fixed it.
Hi can you tell me what blades you changed to please
You can try, but these are wear and tear components so likely depends on the goodwill of your dealer. I use Bosch Aerotwin A205S front and A332H rear. The rear degrades faster than the front, presumably because a lot more dust accumulates there.
Hi when I search for these a205s it says on Halfords they are not compatible when I enter my plate number

·
Registered
17 Posts
My wipers have also done that since the car was new. Once the rain gets very heavy they tend to settle down. There are red coloured wear indicators on the ends of my blades which turn to yellow when they need replacing. I'm not sure how they actually work, whether time or useage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I assume it's similar but my A35 is new (2 weeks old) and it also has juddering on the wipers. It doesn't do a smooth transition it jumps between the different points although it is subtle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That happened to me and a change of blades fixed it.
Thanks everyone for your help very much appreciated.
Hi can you tell me what blades you changed to please
I assume it's similar but my A35 is new (2 weeks old) and it also has juddering on the wipers. It doesn't do a smooth transition it jumps between the different points although it is subtle.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Coat your windscreen with a hydrophobic coating. works wonders for me. Either that or get silicon blades that add a coating as you wipe.
Worth it for this effect alone:
Also the beads just blow off when youre driving above 60mph. No need for wipers.
Water Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you have had Gardx protection then this could be the problem. We had same issue with new car a month ago, but after giving the windscreen a good clean with windolene or similar it seems to have sorted it. You could feel the resistance on the windscreen when cleaning, which I put down to Gardx.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine did the same within a month of purchase, helped considerably by spraying WD40 onto a cloth, and wiping it over the rubber, to clean it off. A trick I found online, and was surprised it worked. I was going to buy new blades, but I have done this a few times now, it makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine did the same within a month of purchase, helped considerably by spraying WD40 onto a cloth, and wiping it over the rubber, to clean it off. A trick I found online, and was surprised it worked. I was going to buy new blades, but I have done this a few times now, it makes a huge difference.

This is the only thing I havnt tried. The juddering happens on brand new blades. Polished glass, claybar, fallout remover, different window coatings, just made it worse. Even If I just wash the glass and use a claybar with no polish or window cleaner till get the judder. Tried all sorts of windscreen wash's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is the only thing I havnt tried. The juddering happens on brand new blades. Polished glass, claybar, fallout remover, different window coatings, just made it worse. Even If I just wash the glass and use a claybar with no polish or window cleaner till get the judder. Tried all sorts of windscreen wash's.
I was really skeptical, but surprised that it did work for me, and I was researching replacement blades just after purchase. Spray plenty onto one area of the cloth, and give them a wipe along the blade, you'll be surprised at the grime it removes. I have had to do it a few times since.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was really skeptical, but surprised that it did work for me, and I was researching replacement blades just after purchase. Spray plenty onto one area of the cloth, and give them a wipe along the blade, you'll be surprised at the grime it removes. I have had to do it a few times since.
I will give it a try. I awlays clean the blades on a weekly basis and notice the grime. But I will give it shot nothing left to loose.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts