Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any sign of it yet ?

Do Merc have a set time of year when they refresh the models with MY updates ?

Wonder if there will be anything before Geneva in March

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any sign of it yet ?

Do Merc have a set time of year when they refresh the models with MY updates ?

Wonder if there will be anything before Geneva in March
Not a direct answer to your question but it seems that some mods are publicised when there's a new ebrochure and there have been a couple since November, the latest of which is effective from January 2019. That one finally details the rear axle styles AND introduces a new colour body option, Denim Blue Metallic.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Re Apple CarPlay, for those of us that didn't spec it on ordering the car, then discovered its apparent availability as a retro "fit" (at a price), I'm pleased to say my pestering of the Mercedes Me team has finally paid off. They've been in touch to request details of my local dealership in order to provide them with the relevant steps they need to perform in order to add the Carplay functionality. My car's now booked in for this Friday for the update.

Not sure if that will allow connection via Bluetooth or whether it will only operate via USB. I'll report back.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Re Apple CarPlay, for those of us that didn't spec it on ordering the car, then discovered its apparent availability as a retro "fit" (at a price), I'm pleased to say my pestering of the Mercedes Me team has finally paid off. They've been in touch to request details of my local dealership in order to provide them with the relevant steps they need to perform in order to add the Carplay functionality. My car's now booked in for this Friday for the update.

Not sure if that will allow connection via Bluetooth or whether it will only operate via USB. I'll report back.

What's the cost?

·
Registered
237 Posts

So are you have CarPlay retrofitted free of charge? or are you having the hardware installed so that you can purchase the add on from mercedes me? it's all such a farce.

·
Registered
691 Posts
If they are prepared to give it for free I guess us owners who have paid for the privilege won’t be happy :surprise::surprise:

·
Registered
237 Posts
It won't be free. It's a £267 lifetime add-on from the Mercedes Me store. It's not available to me as an option until I have the software upgrade to the head unit - being done this Friday.
Thanks for clarification. I'm still baffled as to what hardware changes they need to do in order for you to purchase additional software. Someone has fluffed up

·
Registered
201 Posts
Do you need to purchase the smartphone connectivity pack for £495 to get Apple car play when ordering a new vehicle or can you pay to have just Apple CarPlay installed after delivery?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I believe you have to purchase the pack upon ordering. I had a stock car so didn't get an opportunity to make that choice at the time, hence the retrofit. I'm only expecting Carplay functionality, not the recharging facility, which will account for the difference in price.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Can you let us know how this goes please. :smile: I've not heard of anyone getting it to work yet!
Well, that was a waste of time. Turns out the retro fix is only for cars built from Sept onwards. Mine was built last July. Took it to the dealers last Friday for the upgrade only to discover that the Mercedes Me team didn't spot that when they arranged for my car to be booked in. The dealership said there was some hardware missing that I'm assuming was only added to the later builds.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I don't think you need to pay for the advanced connectivity pack if all you want is carplay/android auto. You can buy the smartphone integration pack post purchase from the mercedes me store when you get the car. I have the option to buy it and I didn't order the advanced connectivity pack.

You just won't get the wireless charging pad and the ability to unlock your car with NFC. I think the advanced connectivity pack also gives you an extra usb slot in the glove box. You get 1 by default in there, but 2 if you order the pack.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cry confusing then, As I have the ability to unlock my vehicle via my phone if I purchase the “vehicle set up pack”, but haven’t paid for advanced connectivity pack?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Unlocking your vehicle with your phone via the mercedes app is one thing....the connectivity pack allows you to unlock your phone by touching the back of your phone to the door using NFC. It also allows up to 5 friends to do the same if you give them permission

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't think you need to pay for the advanced connectivity pack if all you want is carplay/android auto. You can buy the smartphone integration pack post purchase from the mercedes me store when you get the car. I have the option to buy it and I didn't order the advanced connectivity pack.

But that's the issue in my case. I've now been told you can only obtain the smartphone integration pack post-purchase if your car was built from Sep 18 onwards. Mine was a July build. Out of interest, when was your car built?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well, that was a waste of time. Turns out the retro fix is only for cars built from Sept onwards. Mine was built last July. Took it to the dealers last Friday for the upgrade only to discover that the Mercedes Me team didn't spot that when they arranged for my car to be booked in. The dealership said there was some hardware missing that I'm assuming was only added to the later builds.
I went back to the Mercedes Me team afterwards and they responded " I reached out to your dealership and it appears there's been some confusion at the workshop of your dealership with them being unable to open or find the internal article outlining what steps to perform." No surprise there then.

Just had a further email from the Mercedes Me team "Thank you for your patience. I just contacted your dealership and spoke to the service department. They will investigate further and contact you to have the required steps performed."

Let's see what happens this time.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I went back to the Mercedes Me team afterwards and they responded " I reached out to your dealership and it appears there's been some confusion at the workshop of your dealership with them being unable to open or find the internal article outlining what steps to perform." No surprise there then.

Just had a further email from the Mercedes Me team "Thank you for your patience. I just contacted your dealership and spoke to the service department. They will investigate further and contact you to have the required steps performed."

Let's see what happens this time.

I'm interested to hear how this story ends. Bets now being taken :wink:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts