Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

Registered
Ignore that鈥檚 question. Read your post and understood that it was the dongle. Just ordered from Amazon 馃榿

Registered
Got a car link v2 today. Mbux won鈥檛 recognise it. Nothing shows up on Bluetooth or WiFi on my iphone. The unit has a red light light on it. It is also plugged into the front console where you plug in for CarPlay. Di I have bad unit?

Registered
Got a car link v2 today. Mbux won鈥檛 recognise it. Nothing shows up on Bluetooth or WiFi on my iphone. The unit has a red light light on it. It is also plugged into the front console where you plug in for CarPlay. Di I have bad unit?
Firstly try using a USB adapter like this if you haven't already, https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GGKYXVE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

USB C to USB C doesn't work for some reason.

Its possible its not up to date. Plug it in to a usb c socket (may work plugged into car) with usb 2.0 end in the adapter then connect to the wifi hotspot the adapter creates. Visit 192.168.50.2 and update.

Registered
Thanks for the help.

I tried all off your suggestions, earlier on. The problem with unit is that it doesn鈥檛 show up in Bluetooth or WiFi. Got to be a bad unit. Even tried the firmware upgrade that you posted.

Registered
Thanks for the help.

I tried all off your suggestions, earlier on. The problem with unit is that it doesn鈥檛 show up in Bluetooth or WiFi. Got to be a bad unit. Even tried the firmware upgrade that you posted.
Did it update to the latest?

And what usb c to usb adapter are you using? Make sure the USB C end is plugged into the adapter when not updating firmware and using for CarPlay

Registered
I tried 4 different USB adapters that I know work. Like I said earlier the unit is frozen. It鈥檚 not showing Bluetooth or WiFi. The firmware update wouldn鈥檛 update. The led is suppose to pulse and it stayed red. Tried two different usb sticks formatted to fat 32 and the file was renamed. This is not a user error, it鈥檚 a defective unit!

Registered
I tried 4 different USB adapters that I know work. Like I said earlier the unit is frozen. It鈥檚 not showing Bluetooth or WiFi. The firmware update wouldn鈥檛 update. The led is suppose to pulse and it stayed red. Tried two different usb sticks formatted to fat 32 and the file was renamed. This is not a user error, it鈥檚 a defective unit!
Potentially but mine also was steady red till I figured out how to update it without it plugged in to a compatible car for that firmware.

I plugged the usb c side into my PC which has a usb c socket and plugged the normal usb end into the adapter and It came up with a wifi hotspot. Other than that I'm not sure. I had the same issues till I figured it out. It may indeed a defective unit, I had the same thoughts with them being such a nightmare to update and the fact usb c to usb c for some reason doesn't work.

Registered
Spent a hour on this already. It鈥檚 packed for return to Amazon. Thanks for all your help though.

Registered
CLA 45S
This is great news!

I've been using CarPlay wirelessly with a carlinkit V1 for a while in my other car.

Will try that in the Mercedes when I get chance.

I've also ordered a V2 which should arrive in a few weeks (UK sellers are charging crazy money for these!)

@Jacobga did you have to install the 28.10.20 firmware to get yours to work?

Registered
This is great news!

I've been using CarPlay wirelessly with a carlinkit V1 for a while in my other car.

I've also ordered a V2 which should arrive in a few weeks (UK sellers are charging crazy money for these!)

I鈥檓 not sure what the version is but update v2 adapter to latest firmware and it should work, have a look at my above comments if you have any issues as it can be a fidgety process

Registered
This is great news!

On my side I update the v1 to 10.11.2020

You can follow instruction of the first post of

Registered
CLA 45S
On my side I update the v1 to 10.11.2020

You can follow instruction of the first post of
Thank you! I'll give this a try tomorrow

Registered
CLA 45S
Okay so I've had no luck at all.

My device is running Version 07.08.2020 from the factory.

It works fine with the android headunit in my other car.

1. I have formatted a memory stick FAT32 with an allocation size of 1024
2. Copied the U2W_Update.img file from here: Index of /U2W/2020-11-10
3. Plugged USB into device
4. Plugged device into wall adaptor and left for 5 minutes (solid red light appears)
5. Check version on android headunit again, still 07.08.2020
6. Tried in mercedes, starting android auto pop ups over and over, no device appears in carplay menu. Can connect phone to it via wifi and bluetooth but this doesn't make a difference

This is what I bought: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07VPJ4QZS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The device is a CPC200-Autokit, can anyone help?

Registered
CLA 45S
So it would appear that my device, despite looking the same, contains different hardware and will only work on Android headunits. I've tried manually flashing the 2.0 firmware but I can't get that to work unfortunately.

Keep this in mind when selecting which device to buy.

Android Headunits only:
Carlinkit 1.0 CPC200-Autokit - https://amzn.to/2J4RhNE

OEM Headunits:
Carlinkit 2.0 CPC200-U2W - https://amzn.to/3m3DEwf
Carlinkit 2.0 CPC200-U2W Plus - https://amzn.to/3pRCQ01

41 - 56 of 56 Posts