61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
CLA 45S
204 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,668 Posts
Where's the best place to purchase this from? Seems to be £95 on the CPlay2air website, but £160 on Amazon. Any reason to go for the Amazon one?
I had an email exchange with CPlay2air because I wanted to ask about the availability or otherwise of an usb-c connection lead and this is their response below. Personally if I were buying one I can't see any problem getting it from their website although I haven't gone through the order process to find out the full shipping costs etc.

Thanks for your interest in our product!

Our team has tested it for Mercedes-Benz 2016-2020 models including Mercedes-Benz with the newest MBUX 2020 system with USB-C. USB-C ports are supported, sorry the adapter has a USB-A cable and you need an additional converter from USB-A to USB-C.

Product Link:

https://cplay2air.com/products/cplaystreamer-wireless-adapter-for-factory-carplay-android-auto-module-and-mirror-link-feature

Feel free to let us know should you need further assistance!

--

Charina
CARPLAY2air.com

·
Registered
18 Posts
My CPC200-U2W-PLUS from Amazon arrived today. Plugged into my car and it says “The connected device is not supported”.

Solid red light is on, but isn’t emitting any WiFi or Bluetooth signals.

Any suggestions before I send it back?

·
Registered
CLA 45S
204 Posts
If it's not outputting Bluetooth or WiFi then it may be defective.

Plug it into a USB wall charger and then try connecting to it. If that works, make sure it has the latest firmware.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If it's not outputting Bluetooth or WiFi then it may be defective.

Plug it into a USB wall charger and then try connecting to it. If that works, make sure it has the latest firmware.
Thanks for the reply. Finally figured out that the WiFi it was emitting was named VOLKSWAGEN. Used 12345678 as the password and connected, upgraded the firmware and now it’s working okay!

·
Registered
3 Posts
The car2airplay I have doesn’t work in my 2020 V177. It’s firmware is up to date as it works in my daughter’s Mazda 6. But when I plug it into the MBUX it says accessory not supported. I’ve used an Apple USB-C to USB-A adapter as well as a Baseus adapter. Unfortunately no luck.

Has anyone found a workaround?

·
Super Moderator
3,668 Posts
Are you using the USB port by the ashtray and not in the armrest.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Has anyone used the MMB Multimedia box? (Aliexpress or resellers)
My cousin bought one for his E-class (2016) and it's working flawless, with options to watch Netflix/Youtube etc. (Yes I know safety etc)
But I'm wondering if anyone has used this for the W177. Can't try it out for myself cause I don't have the Carplay functionality..

·
Registered
A250 Mojave Silver
2 Posts
The car2airplay I have doesn’t work in my 2020 V177. It’s firmware is up to date as it works in my daughter’s Mazda 6. But when I plug it into the MBUX it says accessory not supported. I’ve used an Apple USB-C to USB-A adapter as well as a Baseus adapter. Unfortunately no luck.

Has anyone found a workaround?
Do you have the latest MBUX version FUP3/NTG6?
I have the Carlinkit adapter and sat on it for many months "accessory not supported" (while it worked in other cars) until FUP3 / NTG6 came out. Then in a supported car did the adapter firmware update and tried it again in W177. Since then it works almost flawlessly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you have the latest MBUX version FUP3/NTG6?
I have the Carlinkit adapter and sat on it for many months "accessory not supported" (while it worked in other cars) until FUP3 / NTG6 came out. Then in a supported car did the adapter firmware update and tried it again in W177. Since then it works almost flawlessly.
I’ll need to check. I haven’t driven my V177 in a few days. How do I check which version I have?

·
Registered
A250 Mojave Silver
2 Posts
I’ll need to check. I haven’t driven my V177 in a few days. How do I check which version I have?
Go to Settings > System > System info (before last) and see what Software version says after apilevel. “ntg6/080” is the latest release. Previous release was “ntg6_fup2/063” I think.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts