Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

Wireless CarPlay adapter

51K views 100 replies 30 participants last post by  veeeight 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any experience of the wireless CarPlay adapter (CarPlay2Air) with the MBUX?

#2 ·
Its just a fancy carplay dongle. Should work out of the box, worst case you have some delay or interference.
Imo its pricey, but to each their own :)

#4 ·
Yes, you need to have CarPlay activated first before the wireless CarPlay dongle will work.

My June 2018 a200 has it activated. You just need to get the free FU2 update installed by your dealer and then you can select Smartphone Integration from the store app on the MBUX. It’s a paid service though. I think I had to pay £299 for it here in the U.K.

#7 ·
Techs sometimes make mistakes. Can you confirm that you got the software updated? As in you got a store icon on your MBUX system.
Cause what I'm told is that all initial production cars support Carplay or android auto after a certain software version.

#11 ·
Sadly I got this response back from the manufacturer. So it will not work with USB C ports on new A class.

——
Thank you for your interest in our product!

Our adapter works with Mercedes, however, it doesn't work for all cars with USB C type ports.

#26 ·
I guess it still needs to be plugged in to the USB-port in the front compartment where you plug in the regular ACP cable.

I dont want any cables showing so this is not really optimal.

But looking forward to see how it works for you that has ordered it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.