Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to upgrade my phone soon ,which will come far quicker than the car!
Is there phones out there that don't fit the charging pad?? I've seen some YouTube videos on car makers having small charge pads and phones not fitting them (rendering it useless)
How big is the pad on the A45s?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure how big one of them are ? Being an X it maybe in the large side ? 😁
The samsung range I'm probably going for

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ which is a decent sized phone and it fits in there perfectly even with a case on it. Hopefully that should ease your worries!

·
Registered
A200d Prem+ DAP
164 Posts
I have an iPhone 11 and it just fits on the pad with a right-angle cable on the bottom (for CarPlay). I’m not sure anything larger would fit unless you’re willing to sacrifice the cable connection.
In all fairness, Mbux is good enough and I wouldn’t miss CarPlay, so a slightly larger phone would be OK but I don’t think you’d fit an iPhone Max.
I’ve just measured the tray and it’s about 175mm

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an iPhone 11 and it just fits on the pad with a right-angle cable on the bottom (for CarPlay). I’m not sure anything larger would fit unless you’re willing to sacrifice the cable connection.
In all fairness, Mbux is good enough and I wouldn’t miss CarPlay, so a slightly larger phone would be OK but I don’t think you’d fit an iPhone Max.
I’ve just measured the tray and it’s about 175mm
Thank you for measuring that for me 👌

·
Registered
7 Posts
Agree about mbux system is great and sat nav is decent. Putting it full screen on drivers side where instruments would be is far better than using car play on other screen too. I don't miss carplay now tbh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts