Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - my first post here ;-)
I have just picked up my new A200, and I ordered it with wireless charging (I have an Iphone X). I did not remember to get it demonstrated by the dealer and now I cannot get it to work. I place it on the 'mat' and nothing happens - yes, sometimes the Apple Pay function kicks in at the phone, but other than that there seems not to be any charging going on. What am I doing wrong ? I hope someone can assist.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You are not the first to have this problem. The only help I can give is if you have Apple Pay on turn it off. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi everyone - my first post here ;-)
I have just picked up my new A200, and I ordered it with wireless charging (I have an Iphone X). I did not remember to get it demonstrated by the dealer and now I cannot get it to work. I place it on the 'mat' and nothing happens - yes, sometimes the Apple Pay function kicks in at the phone, but other than that there seems not to be any charging going on. What am I doing wrong ? I hope someone can assist.
If it is in a case take it out

·
Registered
168 Posts
My iPhoneX charges just fine on the pad, in a leather or polycarbonate case. For sure there are thicker or book-style cases that might prevent wireless charging.

If you want to stop the Apple-Pay screen appearing either: ensure the phone is locked when placing it on the charging pad; or disable NFC from the car MBUX settings.

·
Registered
108 Posts
New A-class owner here - 200d - AMG, all the literature and internet stuff say wireless phone charging enabled and my Samsung s9 is compatible but when I place the phone in the front centre stowage place theres nothing to make it start charging. Is this an optional extra?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
It’s part of the smartphone integration pack. If you haven’t got that some have bought a pad and used one of them. There’s a thread somewhere

·
Registered
115 Posts
New A-class owner here - 200d - AMG, all the literature and internet stuff say wireless phone charging enabled and my Samsung s9 is compatible but when I place the phone in the front centre stowage place theres nothing to make it start charging. Is this an optional extra?
Mine didn’t work either when I took delivery of the car, the dealer had to order and fit a replacement. Works ok now though

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine didn’t work either when I took delivery of the car, the dealer had to order and fit a replacement. Works ok now though
Mine doesn't work. Still waiting for the dealer to sort it, since April, it hasn't worked since I took delivery of the car!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does A180 AMG Line with premium plus package (2020) have wireless charging?
Or does that require the smartphone package... (with CarPlay)

Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 A200 AMG line premium plus with DAP
170 Posts
Does A180 AMG Line with premium plus package (2020) have wireless charging?
Or does that require the smartphone package... (with CarPlay)

Thanks!
Yes, wireless phone charging (a flat charging pad in the centre console) is standard on Executive, Premium, and Premium Plus.Mercedes warns to make sure your phone is compatible.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yes, wireless phone charging (a flat charging pad in the centre console) is standard on Executive, Premium, and Premium Plus.Mercedes warns to make sure your phone is compatible.
You are right, now they’re also including apple CarPlay/android auto when I bought mine this was non included...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know for sure the 2019 AMG Line premium plus doesn't come with this as standard. It also didn't have ambient lighting on the doors.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So i got an ex demo A200 premium plus 69 plate. Is wireless charging an optional package or does it come standard because my one doesn't seem to have it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've just bought one of these, expensive at $79 & waiting for it to arrive.

·
Registered
A35, Black Premium
341 Posts
So i got an ex demo A200 premium plus 69 plate. Is wireless charging an optional package or does it come standard because my one doesn't seem to have it.
Early and Mid 69 plate cars it’s an option and late 69 plate cars it comes as part of the premium package I believe. Check the vehicle specs if it had Apple car/Android auto it will have wireless charging.

·
Registered
276 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts