Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve just got a 2019 A180 Sport Exec. Fairly sure I remember seeing that it should have wireless charging included, but doesn’t seem to be working. Is there any way to tell if it is actually included?

·
Registered
11 Posts
On the rubber mat on right hand side should be a phone symbol and a lightning bolt and you can lift the rubber mat up and you can see the charging pad

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ah right cheers. Just checked and can’t see any symbol and the mat doesn’t lift so just not have it. Think the garage have done me on that one!

·
Registered
31 Posts
My A250E is now a month old and the automatic in car charging pad in the centre console worked fine for a week
and now does not charge my phone at all, is there a way that I may have turned it off ??

·
Registered
276 Posts
Ah right cheers. Just checked and can’t see any symbol and the mat doesn’t lift so just not have it. Think the garage have done me on that one!
If memory serves (and there is no guarantee that it is) I think the wireless charging was only included on the premium PLUS spec. I just had premium but did fine by putting in my only wireless charge module with a short USB-C lead, works a treat. Also I think this is better as I believe that the included installation only managed to hold the phones charge at the current percentage rather than increase it. Others may know better.

·
Registered
A250 4-Matic 2021
69 Posts
Novice question here. I just purchased a new Android Pixel 4a which has wireless charging. My A250 has the wireless charging option. I don't have a wireless charger in the house.

How do you tell if the phone is charging wirelessly?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Novice question here. I just purchased a new Android Pixel 4a which has wireless charging. My A250 has the wireless charging option. I don't have a wireless charger in the house.

How do you tell if the phone is charging wirelessly?
how do you know your phone is charging when you plug it in? Should be the same with wireless. Also I get a drop down alert on MBUX when it starts charging. Mine’s an iPhone btw

·
Registered
348 Posts
Noticed at the weekend that the wife's phone didn't charge when she popped it on the pad, I've just got a new phone today with wireless charging and that also doesn't work. It has worked previously with the wife's phone.

Anyone else experienced the charger stops working? Loose connection or a dealer fix job?

·
Super Moderator
3,852 Posts
I’ve noticed it’s quite fussy with placement/position of phone on the mat.

Usual check fuse first? ;)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Checked fuses earlier - they are OK.

Went out this lunchtime - plopped my phone on the pad, got a message up on the MBUX screen saying wireless charging couldn't start. Turned off NFC on my phone, tried again and it started charging. Lifted my phone off to do something, put it back and it wouldn't start charging again - so no idea what is happening!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine works for half a minute then stops charging. I have an iPhone 12. My sons iPhone 8 charges fine! I don’t know if it’s the car or the phone or a combination of the two 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
2019 A250 AMG Line (W177)
35 Posts
I thought mine was faulty before as well, then I realized wireless charging needs the phone to be put in a specific position so that the charging coils inside can transfer power properly in their position.
Try playing around till you get the proper position, if not, have it checked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,

long time lurker, first time poster.

I got a new A180 AMG-Line Premium recently, and the wireless charging has never worked on my phone (iPhone 12 Pro Max), or my friend’s phone (iPhone 12 Pro).

Basically, what happens is I place the phone on the pad, it will start charging “Wireless Charging has started” will appear in MBUX, and then about 10 seconds later it will say “Wireless Charging is not possible, please check for any obstructions” or something similar.

The wireless charging does, however, work on my mother’s iPhone 11 Pro Max.

My dealer has taken a look at the car today, and after losing the car for about 5 hours, they have just rang me back and said “Wireless charging is not compatible with your phone”. They didn’t do anything to the car. They then directed me to A-Class Hatchback (10.2018 - ) » Telephone Link Multi Function Telephony | Device Selection @ Mercedes-Benz Connectivity, and said that because it’s not here, it’s incompatible. The tool only goes up to the iPhone XR which was released 3 years ago, so I have to admit I’m a bit taken aback and slightly annoyed that they’re essentially fobbing me off because it’s not on some outdated online tool.

I’m not even sure if what they told me is correct, so I’m wondering if any other Executive Package owners and up can tell me if they’ve had this before or if there’s anything I can do or anyone within Daimler I can go to? Although it’s not an expensive Mercedes, it’s still an expensive car, and I’d like to think a car released in 2018 (and built in 2021) would have been future proofed to work with newer phones.

·
Super Moderator
3,852 Posts
Yes I have heard of this happening on iPhone 12. It's something to do with the Apple MagSafe ring on the back.

Not sure if placement is the remedy, or it's just incompatible because of the ring. The charging pad came out well before the iPhone 12 "Magsafe" ring so if it is that, it's all Apple's fault for bringing out a wireless charging concept that isn't always backward compatible with existing non-Apple chargers ;) But it is supposed to work with the Qi standard, so it might just be fussy placement. Or the ring doesn't quite line up, and because the space is restricted, you can't move it into the correct position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, I had a feeling MagSafe was something to do with it… 😣

That does make sense, thank you for replying 😊 would be nice if it could be updated but I guess I’ll just have to wait and see!

·
Super Moderator
3,852 Posts
Just had a 15 min journey, iPhone 12 (not max, not pro) with MagSafe case.
Charged from 70% to 74% wirelessly.
But was VERY fussy with placement. And phone was stupidly warm after.

I’m on MBUX ntg6/081 software

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oooh, at least it worked 🤣

I have a feeling my phone may be too big to put it in a position that it will actually like, but at least my friend can charge his phone now on long journeys lol
I will try to get it to consistently work the next time I see him.

Still really dissapointed but I guess Mercedes isn't to blame 😢

·
Registered
348 Posts
Mine is in for it's first service tomorrow and they are going to look at the charger. I bought a £30 bedside clock/speaker from Amazon and the placement on that is fine!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have a 12 Pro Max (in an Apple MagSafe case) and touch wood it’s been fine - as it pretty much fills up the space really easy to get in the right position. Not sure if it’s something to do with having the case on it perhaps!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts