Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I want to wrap my mirrors, front lip, side skirts and potentially the chrome parts around the windows (as the water stains are making me crazy) in black as my car is white so I think it will look even better.

Can anyone recommend where can I get it done anywhere around Cambridge? and anyone knows what kind of price tag could I expect for this?

·
Registered
A200 AMG line Premium pack
29 Posts
Hi everyone,

I want to wrap my mirrors, front lip, side skirts and potentially the chrome parts around the windows (as the water stains are making me crazy) in black as my car is white so I think it will look even better.

Can anyone recommend where can I get it done anywhere around Cambridge? and anyone knows what kind of price tag could I expect for this?
I wanted to get mine done around the windows and I got quoted £300. Id rather do it myself to be honest lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just for the windows? wow
have you checked if there's any how-to-guide on YouTube? I wouldn't mind do it myself but I need to know how to take everything off first :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
My best advice would be to ceramic coat your entire car. Not only does it provide a glossy shine and gleaming appearance, it actually protects the paint from several foreign contaminants including what you describe. I always detail my cars myself and decided to try my hand at ceramic coating on my A35 when I acquired it in January. It is a lot easier than you would think, with the vast majority of the actual labour time spent in the preparing the car for the coating to be applied.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did PPF my whole car right after I got my A45S. So easy to clean my car, now. Just not the chrome parts around the windows. Cleaning them and windows with deatilers's clay make 'em perfectly clear.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My best advice would be to ceramic coat your entire car. Not only does it provide a glossy shine and gleaming appearance, it actually protects the paint from several foreign contaminants including what you describe. I always detail my cars myself and decided to try my hand at ceramic coating on my A35 when I acquired it in January. It is a lot easier than you would think, with the vast majority of the actual labour time spent in the preparing the car for the coating to be applied.
Was looking at doing it myself as well. Can I ask what brand of ceramic liquid you used?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had the front end, door mirrors, side skirt and behind the rear wheels done at Home - Azuri Car Care in Stevenage. Top job.
Thank you for that info, much appreciated. Could I be really cheeky and ask how much it cost? I'm looking to get a few quotes locally before going further a field, but prepared to travel to who ever is the best. Also, if she's really nice to me, I might get the wife's Beemer done as well 😄

·
Registered
2021 A45s in mountain grey.
117 Posts
Thank you for that info, much appreciated. Could I be really cheeky and ask how much it cost? I'm looking to get a few quotes locally before going further a field, but prepared to travel to who ever is the best. Also, if she's really nice to me, I might get the wife's Beemer done as well 😄
I had a full machine polish, ppf and full coverage ceramic coating for £2200 very pleased with the results.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts