Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

221 - 240 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
It’s all to do with cause and effect.

so, for example, if you replace your down pipe, and say that down pipe changes the backpressure on the system, which in turn causes the turbo to fail, you won’t get the turbo replaced under warranty as it’s failure was caused by something you changed linked to it.
Ah I see. What is the likelihood of any issues from replacing a downpipe with a 100cpsi sports cat and removing the OPF? I’ve always heard replacing the downpipe is good for the car ... better flow for exhaust gases?

No, neither would invalidate the warranty as whole. As such, remapping would invalidate the warranty on the engine and transmission etc.

Depends, most likely the car will drive fine with the EML on. In some cases it may go into limp mode.

It would of course fail an MOT though.
Ok i see how it works now.

·
Super Moderator
3,527 Posts
Ah I see. What is the likelihood of any issues from replacing a downpipe with a 100cpsi sports cat and removing the OPF? I’ve always heard replacing the downpipe is good for the car ... better flow for exhaust gases?
Minimal (although technically still a risk).

I was just using that as an example of a component having an effect on the overall system.

I could just have easily used, if you install a wheel spacer, and a wheel bearing goes, they may not honour the warranty on the wheel bearing as a spacer introduces bigger/different loads on the wheel bearing, compared to factory setup.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Minimal (although technically still a risk).

I was just using that as an example of a component having an effect on the overall system.

I could just have easily used, if you install a wheel spacer, and a wheel bearing goes, they may not honour the warranty on the wheel bearing as a spacer introduces bigger/different loads on the wheel bearing, compared to factory setup.
ah thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Any good practises for storing my OEM catback exhaust? I just left it in a warehouse at my work. Do I need to cover it or anything? Eventually I think i will put it back on the car

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
MG sent my dp with DHL a few weeks back but it got returned due to the new corona virus strain in UK. Waited for a bit but DHL weren’t delivering parcels to UK still. Paid an extra £50 to get it shipped by air and just received this ... an extra £200 -.-

C644DFB5-DF96-432E-8477-62DF3126E1A0.jpeg

·
Registered
CLA 45S
227 Posts
I love the simplicity of the GPF cheat!

Let us know if it works for you - I don't think anyone has tried this with stock mapping yet.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just ordered mine from an Aussie distributor. I'm worried about voiding warranty for valvetronic type exhaust.
Hopefully exhaust will sound better as Aus spec A45s are non OPF.
Hey @Medder,
What exhaust did you get? What's the retailer's name? I'm located in NSW. Cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey @Medder,
What exhaust did you get? What's the retailer's name? I'm located in NSW. Cheers
I didn't get an aftermarket exhaust, just an ASR controller (exhaust valve module), so I can keep the valve in open position with a flick of a button. Exhaust note is a bit better than stock since our car are non OPF. But I'm thinking about the Akrapovic titanium Catback, not sure if I can use my exisiting ASR controller with this exhaust or I need to fit their sound kit to control the valve.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Downpipe was successfully installed last Tuesday. No EML and sounds insane! Will post some vids shortly but here are some photos. The OEM downpipe is huge lol.

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
CLA 45S
227 Posts
Downpipe was successfully installed last Tuesday. No EML and sounds insane! Will post some vids shortly but here are some photos. The OEM downpipe is huge lol.
Finally the car sounds like it should. Have you noticed any nasty exhaust gas smell now that you're only running a 100 cell?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
How come the manifold had to come off? Sounds sweet. What’s it’s cost all in? I’m already £1500 in on my miltek catback and I’m seriously considering this as well.
No idea haha the garage sent me the pictures and mentioned it was difficult to install. It was roughly £1500 but I had already spent £1200 on the custom catback exhaust.

Finally the car sounds like it should. Have you noticed any nasty exhaust gas smell now that you're only running a 100 cell?
There was a smell when it was first installed but disappeared after a day. Nothing else since!

Sounds fabulous. Is this mated with the stock catback exhaust?
I have a custom catback exhaust too nothing is stock now. Here’s another nice vid.

221 - 240 of 268 Posts