Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,
Tried this but it was all registered by my dealer when I collected. It shows the odemoter reading on the car so is linked. I have been on portal and activated them all however, when you go back to the app and click on the icons again it says you need to activate them via portal which I’ve already done. Just going round in circles.
Will ring dealer and take it in so they can do it.
Thanks for help though.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi,
Tried this but it was all registered by my dealer when I collected. It shows the odemoter reading on the car so is linked. I have been on portal and activated them all however, when you go back to the app and click on the icons again it says you need to activate them via portal which I’ve already done. Just going round in circles.
Thanks for help though.
For the Vehicle Set Up you have to pay for the service.

Hope this link works:

https://shop.mercedes-benz.com/en-gb/connect/?fin=WDD1770872V001548

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for help though.
For the Vehicle Set Up you have to pay for the service.

Hope this link works:

https://shop.mercedes-benz.com/en-gb/connect/?fin=WDD1770872V001548
Hi
That seems to have solved it! Haha Thanks!
I thought it would of set up for free.
Oh well.

Thanks again

·
Registered
239 Posts
If you double press the lock button on the key fob it will deactivate the keyless go and will stop the key fob transmitting. In doing this the key cannot be scanned by thieves that will enable them to start and drive off without your key. Just another press of any button will re-activate. Good idea to do this when going to bed at night.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Can’t remeber what the button is called but it’s the one above the favourites button on the left of the touchpad. Anyway if you press and hold this, it allows quick access to the wide angle rear view on the infotainment screen.

Don’t think it works when you’re driving at speed though.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Don't know if anybody knows this as this is my first A-Class. If you press and hold the lock button on the key fob or the outside of the handle on keyless entry, it will close all the windows. Likewise if you press and hold the unlock button on the keyfob or the inside of the handle on keyless entry, it will open all the windows.

Also if you have an MP4 movie on your phone and you connect via USB, you can watch them on the screen with sound. It will also play any videos you have recorded on your phone. The only worry I have found is that when I started the car and put it into drive, it stayed playing, which is concerning considering that a lot of options wont show when you are driving so it doesn't distract you. Could just see myself sat in traffic watching a movie lol

Reactions: aLex200

·
Registered
773 Posts
Here's a tip for you all. If you need to take the car for work in the dealership then make sure you get a courtesy car. I have just dropped mine off after 3 days of ownership to get things fixed and have driven away in a Mercedes GLC AMG Line fully loaded, and it is lovely. The 9 speed auto gearbox makes the 7 speed in the A-Class seem a bit rough. The only thing is that the dash is old fashion and not as sophisticated.

Don't know how I will feel when I get back in my own car though.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Here's a tip for you all. If you need to take the car for work in the dealership then make sure you get a courtesy car. I have just dropped mine off after 3 days of ownership to get things fixed and have driven away in a Mercedes GLC AMG Line fully loaded, and it is lovely. The 9 speed auto gearbox makes the 7 speed in the A-Class seem a bit rough. The only thing is that the dash is old fashion and not as sophisticated.

Don't know how I will feel when I get back in my own car though.
That is quite lucky! When I had my A Class and it went in I usually got a GLA or another A Class.
My C Class coupe went in a few weeks ago and I got given a top spec E Class cabriolet for a few days which was brilliant. It was only when I got back in mine I realised how smooth and refined it was, it did make me wanna go out and buy one though!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Am I blind or there is no parking sensor lights at the back and front anymore (like w176)? Just on mbux screen and sound?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Just found this on another thread. For those with advanced nav/augmented reality.

“Turns out when at the front, at lights, the camera comes on so that you (the driver) can see traffic lights closest to car that you may not be able to see from your driving position.”

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
New to Mercedes and I’m finding out new things every day. Thought it helpful to start a thread sharing useful nuggets of info, e.g. MBUX commands possibly not documented.

Here’s something I just discovered.

If you press and hold the voice command button on the steering wheel, it activates the voice assistant on your mobile (providing it is connected via Bluetooth). For me it activates Siri.
Just found this out yesterday.

If you press the A/C button after you turn the ignition off, it will keep the hot or cold air on for a limited time after exiting the vehicle.

A red light on the button indicates that the function is on. The light remains on after you have exited the vehicle.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Swiping left or right on the top part of the touchpad (where the next and previous buttons are) controls audio no matter which screen you are on. This works on Android Auto as well.

Also, pressing the touchpad in on the next and previous buttons, bring up a small media control section on the bottom on the center screen where you can control the media.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I cannot wait to explore all these things - roll on Oct

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
If you need to get out of the car, for example to close a gate behind you, nd you have the engine running, don’t worry about putting the car in park and applying the handbreak, just open the door and it applies parking break for you.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you need to get out of the car, for example to close a gate behind you, nd you have the engine running, don’t worry about putting the car in park and applying the handbreak, just open the door and it applies parking break for you.
For a manual gearbox car, putting it in neutral and opening the door gives a warning that the car is in danger of rolling away.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Don't think this has been mentioned before...

Swiping down the touchpad with two fingers takes you straight to the notifications screen, and swiping up with two fingers brings up a small media overlay so you can (for example) switch between radio stations.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts