Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
221 - 227 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi all, I know this is an A35 forum but my GLB 35 also needs new cylinder heads. Check engine light, lots of vibrations at idle and a cylinder 2 misfire when scanner was plugged in. After being towed to the dealer and a couple tests later (and 3 weeks later); they have ordered a new cylinder head from germany. I'm in Australia so wait time is up to 8 weeks... FML
Hi @ngunyeimproved. Sorry to here you've had this issue.

What's the age and mileage of your car and did MB admit it was a warranty issue straight away?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi @ngunyeimproved. Sorry to here you've had this issue.

What's the age and mileage of your car and did MB admit it was a warranty issue straight away?
Nov 2020 build
March 2021 compliance in aus
37000kms
Dealer said it'll be under warranty and a heap of tests were done (plugs, coils, smoke testing etc)
After 2+ weeks that were told to take apart the cylinder head.
One week after, they've ordered another one.
6-8 weeks for it to arrive from Germany so I'm not too happy.
Have been given a gla 250 as a loaner car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Figured I would post here, USA 2021 a35 16k miles recently had check engine light come on. Mercedes ran a remote diagnostic and I was informed today that the results make them think it's a fuel injector balancing issue. However, they also mentioned that whoever reviewed the diagnostics thinks they "may need to bring in the engineering team from germany".

Maybe they misheard the tech but that statement lead to me finding this post and I have a feeling they are anticipating this being the issue. Fingers crossed but the symptoms all fit with what i have read here so MY 21 may not be immune this issue.

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Hi all, I know this is an A35 forum but my GLB 35 also needs new cylinder heads. Check engine light, lots of vibrations at idle and a cylinder 2 misfire when scanner was plugged in. After being towed to the dealer and a couple tests later (and 3 weeks later); they have ordered a new cylinder head from germany. I'm in Australia so wait time is up to 8 weeks... FML
Sorry to hear. The wait times in Europe haven’t been short either.

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Follow up, dealership confirmed cylinder head replacement for my a35, so I guess that confirms the my 21 isn't immune to this issue.

3 weeks for parts, so with repair work I guess I'll see my car in September.
That's actually no worse than people in Europe are experiencing. Fingers crossed it's no longer. But it is a real issue if your later model is also affected, although it could be an earlier version given the shipping times involved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nov 2020 build
March 2021 compliance in aus
37000kms
Dealer said it'll be under warranty and a heap of tests were done (plugs, coils, smoke testing etc)
After 2+ weeks that were told to take apart the cylinder head.
One week after, they've ordered another one.
6-8 weeks for it to arrive from Germany so I'm not too happy.
Have been given a gla 250 as a loaner car.
Update from sydney, aus:

Parts have arrived and dealer has started working on the car today. I had to follow up as my Mercedes app was showing the ignition being switched on and off.

221 - 227 of 227 Posts